Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 12:55 PM   #181
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there's no way to define multi-level TOCs with CBC. You can create the EPUB and then modify the TOC by hand or using an EPUB editing program like Sigil.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #182
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
wow that as quick. Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought also. looking up cbz in wikipedia also give hints that a cbz is only images archived, no structure at all..
lack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #183
arpantz
arpantz began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Now that Barnes & Noble is coming out with Nook Color, do you think you'll come out with a conversion profile for it? In addition to it being in color, it has a larger screen, ditching the dual-screen approach and opting for one large touch screen. Thanks again for this awesome program! I've been using it for converting tons of manga for my BN Nook.
arpantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #184
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you can already tell calibre not to make comics black and white during conversion, via the comic input options. As for a separate profile, if someone gives me the screen size/dpi/etc info for the device, I'm happy to add the profile.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:53 PM   #185
Erikku
Erikku began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
you can already tell calibre not to make comics black and white during conversion, via the comic input options. As for a separate profile, if someone gives me the screen size/dpi/etc info for the device, I'm happy to add the profile.
I just purchased the Nook Color and thankfully found this forum rather quickly. The Nook Color has a 7" screen with a resolution of 1024 x 600 and 169 ppi. If you need any more information just let me know! Thanks for all the support
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #186
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Is that the actual available screen size or just what's published in the specs?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #187
Erikku
Erikku began at the beginning.

I'm sort of new to the e-reading craze, so sorry if I ask stupid questions or don't know what you're talking about in advance. I just measured the actual screen size with a tape measure and I got 7" diagonal, 6" height, and 3.5" width. I hope that's the information you needed.
Erikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 02:06 AM   #188
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

no I mean the space within the reader application, does the reader application have a bar at the bottom or does it enforce margins on the sides and top/bottom? If you can measure that and divide it by the screen size, that gives a more accurate idea of the actually available size.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:57 AM   #189
Brendthecow
Brendthecow began at the beginning.

Smile

There's a 1/4" navigation bar at the bottom of the Nook Color's screen, so the effective usable resolution is ~982x600, at 169ppi. There are no side margins. I'd love to see this in a not-too-distant update! Thanks for the great work Kovid =]
Brendthecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #190
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

will be in next release
Old 11-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #191
sl33p3r
sl33p3r began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Exclamation Nook color problem

First, let me say thank yo for a great application.

Now for the problem I am having...

I am converting a lot of cbz files I have to epub for use on the Nook Color.

If I disable comic processing, then the converted pages fit on the nook screen just fine, however then I lose the ability to split double-wide pages.

If I enable comic processing, the pages get cutoff at the bottom. I have tried a bunch of different options on the comic input screen, but the pages always get cut off.

If I use the default output profile, then the pages look good, but they are small and do not use all of the screen available.

It appears that the nook color has the top 1/2" of the screen reserved for the header, plus the 1/4" navigation bar at the bottom. Therefore the use-able screen dimensions are 600(w)x898(h).

I hope this is something that is easily fixed.

Thanks again for a great app...

Pictures of what it looks like...
The cover, which scales nicely:

The first page (duplicate of cover), using nook color profile & comic processing:

The first page (duplicate of cover), using default output profile & comic processing:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1094
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	61981   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	1040
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	61982   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	1037
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	61983  
sl33p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:53 PM   #192
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

currently the screen size is 980(h) so its probably smaller than. I'll change it to 900 for the next release, hopefully, that will do the trick
Old 11-28-2010, 05:51 PM   #193
sl33p3r
sl33p3r began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
currently the screen size is 980(h) so its probably smaller than. I'll change it to 900 for the next release, hopefully, that will do the trick
Thanks. I will let you know if that does the trick.
sl33p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #194
punitenshu
punitenshu began at the beginning.

nook color epub conversion preset resolution

There's also a small margin on the sides that's somewhere between 6-10 pixels per side.

Last edited by punitenshu; 11-28-2010 at 07:32 PM.
punitenshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #195
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

ok i'll increase the width by 10px as well

Tags
cbz, comic