Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #1
gennaro
gennaro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
how to auto convert to azw instead of mobi sending to kindle?

3 questions in one:
- Is there a preference to convert to AZW3 format instead of MOBI when sending epub to my kindle?
- By the way, when sending an AZW3 by mail it is converted to MOBI, too, doubling my library, can I send directly the AZW3?
- But maybe the most important: Is AZW3 a better format than MOBI, or is it better to use the mobi?
I'm sorry to bother you, i'm shure there are theese options but I couldn't find them.
Thank you.
G.
gennaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by gennaro View Post
3 questions in one:
- Is there a preference to convert to AZW3 format instead of MOBI when sending epub to my kindle?
- By the way, when sending an AZW3 by mail it is converted to MOBI, too, doubling my library, can I send directly the AZW3?
- But maybe the most important: Is AZW3 a better format than MOBI, or is it better to use the mobi?
I'm sorry to bother you, i'm shure there are theese options but I couldn't find them.
Thank you.
G.
Simple answer: No!
Amazons rules ... Not Calibre's
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
gennaro
gennaro began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you.
kindle: nice hardware - but bad software
my first is my last
gennaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Assuming you mean when Calibre sends the ePub to your Kindle, then yes you can. Set the default output format to be AZW3 in the Kindle driver. Yes, AZW3 is a better format than Mobi.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3 conversion