Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
KGCMRC - Create / convert your comics for Kindle Gallery

Hi all, as silver18 released his fantastic script for watching galleries of images in full-size screen, i needed some lines of code to convert my favourite comics from CBZ to an acceptable format, while renaiming all of them in a way Image Gallery support.

So i took my PHP interpreter and wrote this script, hope you will like it. As Windows users may not be confident with PHP, i included the necessary files into the ZIP.

New in v0.3
Code:
v0.3

- fixed some forgotten ;
 - added ability to define costum functions to work on file after download
 - added questionablecontent.php recipe
With the new Crawl tool you can make you own comic directory directly from virtually any free comic site (2 recipes attached, use one of them to see how it works.. maybe i'll post a video someday )

Features
- Cross-platform (thankyou PHP )
- Comic sites crawler with recipes
- Convert .CBZ
- Convert .MNGL files ( http://foosoft.net/mangle/ )
- Convert .TXT files containing a list of images
- Rename the content of a directory in a suitable format for Image Gallery

How to install
Just un-zip it where you want, no install needed

How to run it
Open the command prompt and run this command after locating the right directory where you have placed the script
Code:
php KGCMRC.php
that will show you usage of the script. Follow the instruction and have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: zip KGCMRC0.3.zip (2.78 MB, 170 views)

Last edited by mr.w0lf; 04-14-2012 at 04:35 PM.
mr.w0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Available recipes:
  • Jesus Christ: in the name of te Gun [Home]
  • Sandra and Woo [Home]
  • Questionable content [Home]
Attached Files
File Type: txt jesuschristgun.txt (312 Bytes, 138 views)
File Type: txt sandrawoo.txt (302 Bytes, 139 views)
File Type: txt questionablecontent.txt (1.2 KB, 169 views)

Last edited by mr.w0lf; 04-14-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #3
mr.w0lf
n00b

ok, everyone is happy for the new 5.1 Kindle software, image gallery 1.5 is nearly ready so it's time for a new and fixed (and tested this time, so no stupid ; forgotten ) version!

0.3 is out, and the new attached recipe, other than give you the chance to download about 700Mb of comics, got some fun with PHP GD inside.. have a check

EDIT: and if you know some other good comic site, let me know!
Old 04-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast
ChrisKaos began at the beginning.

Does Silver's script work with 5.1?
ChrisKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
mr.w0lf
n00b

not the 1.0, but 1.5 it should, he will release it in a coupple of days, as he already posted some screenshots
Advert
Old 04-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #6
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast

So once it's out, both his and your wonderful scripts ought to work with 5.1?
Old 04-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
mr.w0lf
n00b

my script does not work on kindle.. it's run from your PC, and his purpose it's to convert images to a suitable format for Kindle gallery OR crawl a comic site and make a collection of images suitable for Kindle Gallery.. but obviously you have to wait his new version to see the effective result of the job done with mine
Old 04-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast

Well, that's what I meant. Looking forward to it.