Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
Catsnkites
Connoisseur
Catsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Libre
Question Replacement Nook ... Unlock Books?

I got a Nook classic for Christmas last year .... I go to bed later than my hubby and purchased some Nook Books for him and we shared.

I got him his own Nook classic at the beginning of the summer. He has his own account, but I was able to put the Nook books I had purchased on his Nook (in the My Doc library, not the B&N Library). As I recall, I entered my name and cc# to unlock one book and the others didn't need the info (I assume it picked up the info).

Fast forward to a month ago ... through an unfortunate series of events, the Nook Classic was replaced with another Nook Classic (yeah, I know, he should have gotten a touch, he didn't want one). He used his Nook account and retrieved his purchased books. He used his ADE and retrieved his purchased non-B&N books.

Now, I'm trying to put the books I had purchased previously. I can get the non-B&N books to work just fine, but the B&N books won't "unlock". I’ve entered my name and cc# number many times ... the card has not changed.
I still get “failed to open”. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Catsnkites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
Catsnkites
Connoisseur
Catsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipse

Oddly enough, turns out some work and some don't, but I purchased them all on the same account with the same card. I re-downloaded the books that didn't work and a few worked after that, but probably about 7 do not. Some were even free!

Any clue?
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #3
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
replied via PM
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Catsnkites
Connoisseur

ACK! My bad! husband reminded me that our CC was "compromised" ... read ... "some store was hacked" ... and our number changed .... after pawing thorugh old records, found the onld number and things work fine ...will have to save the number for furture reference!
Old 10-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
rdfry
loving the books
rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rdfry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted Nook, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Note 5, 2 Fire 7s Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsnkites View Post
ACK! My bad! husband reminded me that our CC was "compromised" ... read ... "some store was hacked" ... and our number changed .... after pawing thorugh old records, found the onld number and things work fine ...will have to save the number for furture reference!
All you have to do is re-download them from B&N and the they will all be under the new card.
rdfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert