Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-26-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
LRF Editing Tool?

Is there a tool to use to edit LRF. I would like to touch up the conversion to LRF after using libprs500.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:47 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No way to edit LRF that I'm aware of. You'll need to touch up the HTML before you do the conversion.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2007, 04:55 AM   #3
mikolaj
mikolaj is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No way to edit LRF that I'm aware of. You'll need to touch up the HTML before you do the conversion.
Well, you can do lrf2lrs, touch up the xml file and then create lrf with msh_lrsparser. That works quite well, although there are some quirks (for example in the conversion to lrs, & is replaced by & and is kept as is in conversion back). But nothing that a macro can't fix. I have done it with BD-created books with much success, haven't used libprs500, so no clue if/how this process would work on libprs500-generated files.

Were you to use BD, one problem I came across is a default setting in may version of book designer, which makes a header composed of two items (author and title???, I don't have BD here, so I can't tell you the exact option) - lrf files created with this option, crash lrf2lrs

Mikolaj
mikolaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
kilohertz53
Zealot
kilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enoughkilohertz53 will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-350, Augen "The Book"
ABC Amber has a free tool to convert Sony Reader .lrf files to other formats:

http://www.processtext.com/abcsonylrf.html
kilohertz53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
If you don't mind that the current (first, I should specify) version of it loses most of the formatting and all pix.

If you just want to extract the contents of an un-"protected" LRF, you can do that with the ConnSoft. Just select the content and copy paste it into your word processor (or whatever) of choice.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilohertz53 View Post
ABC Amber has a free tool to convert Sony Reader .lrf files to other formats:

http://www.processtext.com/abcsonylrf.html
Don't use it. It's CRAP! It loses the styles and all the graphics. Plus it it writes out some pretty piss poor files such as PDF and RTF.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikolaj View Post
Well, you can do lrf2lrs, touch up the xml file and then create lrf with msh_lrsparser. That works quite well, although there are some quirks (for example in the conversion to lrs, & is replaced by & and is kept as is in conversion back). But nothing that a macro can't fix. I have done it with BD-created books with much success, haven't used libprs500, so no clue if/how this process would work on libprs500-generated files.

Were you to use BD, one problem I came across is a default setting in may version of book designer, which makes a header composed of two items (author and title???, I don't have BD here, so I can't tell you the exact option) - lrf files created with this option, crash lrf2lrs

Mikolaj
I suggest you switch to the 07/30/2007 version of BD. It's a lot more stable then the one you are using now.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote