Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
hekdic
hekdic began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, Sony
Transferring from ADE to Sony

I've downloaded Mark Twain's Autobiography to ADE and transferred it to our PRS-505 but the reader has said "Do not disconnect" for 3 hours. Any ideas? We're fairly new and haven't run across this before.
hekdic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekdic View Post
I've downloaded Mark Twain's Autobiography to ADE and transferred it to our PRS-505 but the reader has said "Do not disconnect" for 3 hours. Any ideas? We're fairly new and haven't run across this before.
If you close down ADE the "Do not disconnect" should go away. There should also be an icon in ADE to disconnect, somewhere near the reader icon.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2011, 08:03 PM   #3
hekdic

Thanks. I didn't find any icon indicating that the transfer had completed but when I shut down ADE, the reader cleared. Is there any way to know when to disconnect or is it safe to figure that it shouldn't be any longer than it took to download?
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hekdic View Post
Thanks. I didn't find any icon indicating that the transfer had completed but when I shut down ADE, the reader cleared. Is there any way to know when to disconnect or is it safe to figure that it shouldn't be any longer than it took to download?
I took a look and couldn't find any icon to disconnect in ADE. I must have been thinking of Reader Library where I'm sure there is one. Therefore, you should just close down ADE before disconnecting the reader.

Transferring an ebook to your reader using ADE only takes a second. A pop-up window appears very briefly showing a progression bar and quickly disappears. If you click on the reader icon, it will list/display the ebooks contained on it. If your ebook is there, the transfer was successful.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
hekdic

Thanks a lot.
Advert