Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
magentawave
magentawave began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Unhappy HELP!!! How To Make PDF Type Larger?

Hi everyone,

Can I enlarge the type for PDF's with the Sony PRS-505? The type is way too small for my eye's! I am very disappointed in this thing and would take it back in a second but the place doesn't accept returns.

Any idea's will be greatly appreciated because 98% of what I currently read are PDF's.

Thank you very much.
Steve
magentawave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Tried the zoom button?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
magentawave--Do you have the latest firmware installed on your 505? If so, you should be able to "zoom" in on PDF text files.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
magentawave

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Tried the zoom button?
Yes I did, and it does make the type a little bigger but its still too small. It seems that it doesn't allow you to zoom in as much with PDF's as it does with other formats. Got any other idea's?

Thanks
Steve
Old 11-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #5
magentawave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
magentawave--Do you have the latest firmware installed on your 505? If so, you should be able to "zoom" in on PDF text files.

dordale
I haven't made any modifications yet. I can zoom in one time with PDF's, but it is still not large enough to read comfortably. Will downloading the latest firmware allow me to enlarge the font more than the one time it allows me now?

Are there instructions anywhere on this forum on how to get the latest updates for a Sony PRS-505?

I was never able to install the library either because I have 64 bit Vista. Do I really need that?

Thank you for replying.

Steve