Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #1
Tintin
Enthusiast
Tintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura aboutTintin has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Glo
Elonex 705EB

I bought one of these 2 weeks ago and I am still sussing it out. I love the coloured thumbnails of my books plus the dictionary and built in radio not forgetting the abitity to play music and video of course.
I do have a couple of issues though. Frequently I am unable to open a book cover for an epub book even though thumbnail displays ok. This only happens when I have a micro SD card inserted even though the books are loaded in the device's own flash memory! Has anyone else noticed this?

Secondly, I have tried a number of times, on different PCs to load the latest firmware on my device. each time, at a crucial stage, the device switches itself off and I cannot continue the process.

The Elonex helpline is feeble to say the least. There is no information as to what the firmware version is or even what it does which is a bummer.

I'd love to discuss this device with other users - it's not all bad!
Tintin is offline   Reply With Quote