Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
SeanK
SeanK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New user / New Kindle / and a kobo book

Hello everyone,

I decided I don't read enough so i purchased a Kindle I found an ebook on KoBo's web site that is cheaper (by 15 bucks) then on Amazon so not thinking ahead i purchased the book.

I have been spending the last couple of days trying to figure out how to import this book to my kindle . I have found a couple of posts that date back to 2008 with 20+ pages and I am still a little lost.

I was wondering If someone could point me into the direction I need to go in? I did purchase the book but I just don't want to read it on my computer by my Kindle of course there is DRM which i didn't know about before purchasing the book as i thought i was going to get it in pdf format and just import it to Kindle.

Not trying to break any rules or Laws, just would like to read my book lol

Last edited by SeanK; 02-19-2011 at 09:03 PM.
SeanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Welcome to mobileread Sean

Basically what you have is a file that is restricted by DRM (Digital Rights Management). To put the file on a Kindle you will need to remove the DRM and either convert it to Mobi format (not always pretty with a PDF file) or just move the PDF file over to the Kindle. We can't tell you directly how to remove DRM here on this forum, but it can be done. However, depending on where you live - it might or might not be illegal. I mention that because you say you don't want to do anything illegal. It is up to you decide whether or not you are comfortable with continuing on.

If you are interested in continuing on Google the phrase "Apprentice Alf Blog" and read the entry on being perplexed. You are perplexed - right?

Feel free to come on down to the Kindle forum to hang out. We love new Kindlers.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
SeanK

thank you Abookreader ...

I have no issues removing the DRM as I don't have on putting this on a torrent or sharing it with anyone .. I just want to view something I paid for ..

I will check out the site.. thanks again
Old 02-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #4
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Welcome to the MobileRead forums!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #5
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
To save yourself problems in the future, remember the the Kindle likes the Amazon format the best: .azw ; .mobi comes next, and .pdf comes last.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 11:32 PM   #6
SeanK

Thanks for your help .. I was able to get my book on the Kindle and now i am looking for items to add to it on amazon.com
Old 02-20-2011, 01:58 AM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
You might also want to visit the Kindle downloads area here in MobileRead, plus of course Project Gutenberg, etc. There are a lot of excellent public domain books available for the Kindle (and look out for 3rd-party sellers on Amazon who will try to charge you for them).
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote