Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
tommyr
Just add water!
tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.tommyr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle 3
"Apollo Expeditions to the Moon: An Official NASA History of the Moon Landings"

Then in no particular order:

"Apollo"

"Failure Is Not an Option: Mission Control from Mercury to Apollo 13 and Beyond"

"The God Delusion"

"God Hates You, Hate Him Back: Making Sense of The Bible"

"The Magic Behind the Voices: A Who's Who of Cartoon Voice Actors"
tommyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #32
bigreat
bigreat began at the beginning.

NIV Bible
bigreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #33
bigreat
bigreat began at the beginning.

lol, just can't believe i joint on Aug 2005
bigreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #34
Williamlk
Guru
Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Williamlk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I am going to go with a few Stephen King books to start. The Shining will be first.
Williamlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:58 AM   #35
ZenRunner
Enthusiast
ZenRunner has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-300
I'll probably read Born to Run by Christopher McDougall. I was originally planning to buy the paperback version that was supposed to be released in August but it has been pushed back to January. However, the Kindle version is available for immediate purchase and I don't want to wait any longer to read it!
ZenRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #36
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It's only available if you have a pink K2 with the UR function. For everyone else, Adams died in 2001. If you have the pink Kindle with the UR function, he's still alive and writing sequels.

See TomF's post (the 2nd post in this thread).

BTW, I suppose you already know this, but the 6th book, And Another Thing…, was written by Eoin Colfer. I thought it was OK, but Adams was better.
As if anybody could match Adams! Still got that one on my to-read list.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #37
Yidaki66
1st timer
Yidaki66 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My first reader if it gets here so the first ebook will be my first any suggestions.
Yidaki66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #38
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Just downloaded The Cost of Betrayal (The Half-Orcs, Book 2) to my PC in anticipation of loading it onto Raistlin Jr. this afternoon. It's the follow up to the second best book I have read so far this year.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:53 AM   #39
Mike 01Hawk
Enthusiast
Mike 01Hawk doesn't litterMike 01Hawk doesn't litter

Device: K3 Wifi Graphite :)
I was half way thru Steven King's Under the Dome on my "refurbished" K2 for $110 USD. Of course with my luck like 2 weeks later the K3 was announced so I quickly sold my K2 for $150 USD and pre-ordered a K3

I have been "Kindless" since Aug-1st

Being in withdrawl sucks!!! WHERE'S MY K3!?!?!?!?! lol
Mike 01Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #40
mcgrath
mcgrath began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad, Kindle 3
Since pre-ordering the K3 I have added around 60 e-books to my Amazon wish list. I want my first book to be fun, quick, and entertaining, so I'll probably read Groucho Marx's autobiography "Groucho and Me." I read it years and years ago and really enjoyed it.

After that maybe I'll switch to something a little more serious, like the Pevear/Volokhonsky translation of Tolsoy's "The Death of Ivan Illych and Other Stories." After that I'll probably read a bunch of freebie classics.
mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:35 AM   #41
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreat View Post
lol, just can't believe i joint on Aug 2005
You talk too much.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #42
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
As if anybody could match Adams! Still got that one on my to-read list.
Reading that book just made me miss Adam's all the more.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:02 PM   #43
osnova
Kindler of the Flame
osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.osnova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K DX,3,KT,KP,KF, KFHD; Nook C, PRS600, iPad, Xoom, N900, N810, Zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsport82 View Post
1. Stalin: A Biography by Robert Service
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...=docs-os-doi_0

2. Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Son-of-Hamas...2673456&sr=1-1

3. Fallen Angel: The Passion of Fausto Coppi by William Fotherington
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallen-Angel...=23UUPF3OYACX5

Three books I've been holding off buying/reading now with my K3 imminent and some Amazon gift certificates to use no excuse not to buy them Think I'll read them in that order but might change my mind by the time it arrives!!
I have just bought Son of Hamas based on your post. I will also buy Stalin's biography.
osnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:58 PM   #44
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Mass Effect: Retribution

As far as Stephen King goes - it was one of the first books I started reading on K2 back in the day and it was a major disappointment for me. From now on I stick with movies based on Stephen King
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #45
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
I'm not sure I should be ashamed or if I just represent a different demographic . I'm not reading anything even as high brow as Stephen King (and normally I wouldn't call Stephen King "high brow") .

I'm reading "The Devil To Pay" by Michelle Hauf. It's the sequel to a freebie romance I snagged from Harlequin in the spring or summer in a big free bundle of something like 10 ebooks. I bought the sequel.

I happened to be the book I was reading on my K2 and I used it to test that Whispersync would work.
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote