Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-28-2019, 01:55 PM   #2071
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
This looks like a pretty good deal, a box set of 4 hockey romances by Kelly Jamieson for $0.99.

Heller Brothers Hockey
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #2072
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
This looks like a pretty good deal, a box set of 4 hockey romances by Kelly Jamieson for $0.99.

Heller Brothers Hockey
Oh good thing it’s not Kobo or I would have got it.

[Oops it’s on Kobo too. Tempting.But do I need 4 more books? Probably not.]

Last edited by PurpleStar; 06-28-2019 at 07:00 PM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2019, 07:12 PM   #2073
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Oh good thing it’s not Kobo or I would have got it.

[Oops it’s on Kobo too. Tempting.But do I need 4 more books? Probably not.]
But it's 5 books! For only $0.99Cdn (about 75 cents American).

Vade retro me Satana!
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #2074
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
But it's 5 books! For only $0.99Cdn (about 75 cents American).

Vade retro me Satana!
Well that's a different story! Hockey! Romance! 99 cents!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:16 AM   #2075
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
just rereads

Hoping to have more time to read this week. I've been rereading due to lack of time (because I find it easier to set a book aside when I've already it).

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 6-30.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	172297  

Last edited by library addict; 07-07-2019 at 02:20 PM. Reason: oops, I goofed I did buy a book this week
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #2076
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Two Ilona Andrews titles have dropped in price at Kindle UK.

Magic Breaks is, per the blurb, the 7th in the Kate Daniels series, although there are so many novellas and short stories in this series that it's pretty hard to really keep track. In any case, Magic Breaks has dropped to £0.99.
link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBLFMHC/

Clean Sweep is the first in the Innkeeper series (my favorite of their series). It has dropped to £1.42.
link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KZM2J9M/

ADD: And Clean Sweep is also now in the US for $1.99: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZM2J9M

Last edited by sufue; 07-01-2019 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added US link
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:29 PM   #2077
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

On sale again:

Jessie Mihalik's Polaris Rising (Consortium Rebellion #1) is on sale for $1.99

As I said earlier this year, I paid full price for it when it released and no regrets. It's usually $9.99.

Spoiler:
A space princess on the run and a notorious outlaw soldier become unlikely allies in this imaginative, sexy space opera adventure—the first in an exciting science fiction trilogy.

In the far distant future, the universe is officially ruled by the Royal Consortium, but the High Councillors, the heads of the three High Houses, wield the true power. As the fifth of six children, Ada von Hasenberg has no authority; her only value to her High House is as a pawn in a political marriage. When her father arranges for her to wed a noble from House Rockhurst, a man she neither wants nor loves, Ada seizes control of her own destiny. The spirited princess flees before the betrothal ceremony and disappears among the stars.

Ada eluded her father’s forces for two years, but now her luck has run out. To ensure she cannot escape again, the fiery princess is thrown into a prison cell with Marcus Loch. Known as the Devil of Fornax Zero, Loch is rumored to have killed his entire chain of command during the Fornax Rebellion, and the Consortium wants his head.

When the ship returning them to Earth is attacked by a battle cruiser from rival House Rockhurst, Ada realizes that if her jilted fiancé captures her, she’ll become a political prisoner and a liability to her House. Her only hope is to strike a deal with the dangerous fugitive: a fortune if he helps her escape.

But when you make a deal with an irresistibly attractive Devil, you may lose more than you bargained for . . .

Kobo

Google Play

Apple books

Kindle
Old 07-07-2019, 02:21 PM   #2078
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
just rereads again

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 7-7.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	172298  
Old 07-08-2019, 04:04 PM   #2079
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the Ilona Andrews blog yesterday, she/they posted a deleted scene from their upcoming book, Sapphire Flames, that has been made into a free short story. You probably have to be familiar with the Hidden Legacy books/world to enjoy this story.

link to the blog post: http://www.ilona-andrews.com/a-misun...61ba-425144845

Oh yeah, title is A Misunderstanding...

Last edited by sufue; 07-08-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added title, which I had for some inexplicable reason forgotten to include...
Old 07-08-2019, 08:21 PM   #2080
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
In the Ilona Andrews blog yesterday, she/they posted a deleted scene from their upcoming book, Sapphire Flames, that has been made into a free short story. You probably have to be familiar with the Hidden Legacy books/world to enjoy this story.

I've just read it, and it's so awesome! Now I can't wait for Arabella's story, too.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #2081
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I think I must have started her/their Kate Daniels series a half-dozen times and just couldn't get into it.

But I absolutely loved the "Magic Steals" novella in the Night Shift anthology.

Maybe I should try to Hidden Legacy books to see if they catch for me.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 08:37 PM   #2082
BuyMore
Lurker extraordinaire
BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuyMore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPad Mini 4
I started with their Hidden Legacy series first, and I fell in love with their writing style and story-telling. Then I moved on to their Innkeeper series, and liked those books as well. Finally I decided to put a dent to my piggy bank and get the entire series of Kate Daniels. It didn't disappoint at all. I'm not good with words so all I can say is they're all worth a try. Love all the different (but solid) stories and characters.
BuyMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #2083
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Gee, thanks. I got to download the short and convert it to an epub for my significant other (the Forma napper ).

Did Sandra have to speak in italics???
Old 07-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #2084
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Although Kate Daniels is their most popular and longest series, I actually like their other series more. (But don't get me wrong, I like all of them...)

My for-sure favorite is the Innkeeper series, then Hidden Legacy, then Kinsmen and Edge about equally, and then Kate Daniels. Am I forgetting any? Oh yeah, too early to tell on the Iron Covenant/Hugh D’Ambray since there's only one book so far.

Anyway, I'm glad folks enjoyed the little snippet...

BTW, Ilona Andrews is the only author blog I follow (although I'm also on Joan Wolf's email list), and I really enjoy it. I've tried several others, mostly mystery, and either they don't post often enough, or the posts seem all the same, or other problems. (And some of my favorite mystery authors are dead, so they don't blog at all .)

But the Andrews blog posts fairly often, almost daily. And they post enough different stuff (free snippets, stuff about their lives, stuff about being an author, info about coming books or events, etc.) to be interesting. And also enough different stuff that if I am "meh" on one post, I know tomorrow's will be different.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #2085
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
My for-sure favorite is the Innkeeper series, then Hidden Legacy, then Kinsmen and Edge about equally, and then Kate Daniels. Am I forgetting any? Oh yeah, too early to tell on the Iron Covenant/Hugh D’Ambray since there's only one book so far.
I'd go with Innkeeper, Hidden Legacy, Edge, Kate Daniels and then the Kinsmen. I think of the Iron Covenant series as being a spinoff of the Kate Daniels books with only 1 book so far. Maybe when #2 is released.

Now if I could figure how to get a score higher than 1 of 10 on the Faction Quiz at the end of the Kate Daniels book list. And how does a quiz that I thought was to determine which faction I should belong to has right and wrong answers. The version elsewhere on the site works but I'm not sure I really want to belong to the People.