Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 10-10-2020, 09:28 PM   #1
Stacy Countiss
Stacy Countiss began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Classic
Question Help! Audible Download File Corrupted

Hi people! I am here looking for help with Audible downloads. I have downloaded books to iTunes for transfer to iPod Classic or Shuffle for decades. Recently (2020) all I get is "file corrupted" error. Partial file is downloaded but not functional. I have reinstalled iTunes, Audible Download Manager to no avail. I am using W10. I have also tried the W10 Audible App and it also fails. Anyone have any suggestions?
Stacy Countiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:38 PM   #2
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Disable any download managers (other than the Audible one, obviously), etc. If you're running a third-party anti-virus or anti-malware application, temporarily disable it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
Stacy Countiss
Stacy Countiss began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Classic
Fixed

Hi and thank you for your replies. I was able to get resolution from the 2nd effort of Audible Chat. It turns out I was using an outdated Audible Download system. They recommend uninstalling Audible Download Manager, AudibleSync, and any other old Audible programs, and instead using the W10 Audible App (on Google Play, something like Audiobooks by Audible). I have been able to download all my books that I had struggled with before, and some new ones.

Now, how do I close this thread?
Stacy Countiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 08:08 AM   #4
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy Countiss View Post
Now, how do I close this thread?
MR policy is not to close threads other than for guideline violations. Someone else might have a similar problem or just wish to comment.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audible, ipod, itunes