Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2020, 08:23 AM   #16
Maida
Enthusiast
Maida began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura, Kobo Glo HD
I do not suppose it is a firmware error but rather a manufacturing fault. I also had a Forma draining overnight regardless what the settings were, and I never turn ereaders off. I returned it and bought another one without this failure and it works fine. So I suggest Gadgetguy to return his reader and buy another one.
Maida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #17
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I think assuming it is a manufacturing fault and not a firmware error is premature without doing more diagnostics.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:35 PM   #18
Gadgetguy
Connoisseur
Gadgetguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maida View Post
I do not suppose it is a firmware error but rather a manufacturing fault. I also had a Forma draining overnight regardless what the settings were, and I never turn ereaders off. I returned it and bought another one without this failure and it works fine. So I suggest Gadgetguy to return his reader and buy another one.
Thank you for the input. There may be manufacturing defects, but after not powering the unit off all is good.

As far as I can see (on my unit) this is a software bug and the solution is not powering off...
Gadgetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:39 PM   #19
Gadgetguy
Connoisseur
Gadgetguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For the record, I reported this problem to Kobo. They have reproduced it with both the Forma and Libra H2O. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next firmware release.
I have reported it as well. But my hopes are not too high considering the super crappy (customer) support they have.

But since following the recommendation I do not power off any more - as far as I am concerned all is good...

(But I will not talk about the light coming through on the right hand side, the rubber area that looks like crap, the fact that the page turn buttons are so hard to push that after a while my finger hurts etc... I understand these issues are "normal" with all the units and I am not happy about them...)
Gadgetguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #20
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The buttons really only click/push at the curved end. Then it's easy.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:35 PM   #21
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Maybe you installed a "bad" book. A single book can cause an ereader to behave weirdly, including power drain. Have you recently put a new book on it? Delete your recent books. If need be,delete all of them. See if that fixes it.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 06:28 PM   #22
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
I think mine is draining because it's trying to sync all my shelves from my huge sideloaded library. I'm gonna have to keep wifi off at night.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #23
Readirect
Zealot
Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Readirect can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: KPW1
I had the same issue and the solution for me was switching to a 3rd-party sleep cover. Problem. Solved.

Before that, the fix I used was to turn the Forma off and I never had an issue with excessive drain when I did that; the only problem was the 30 second startup.

The 3rd-party sleep cover is a better solution.
Readirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 09:23 PM   #24
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readirect View Post
I had the same issue and the solution for me was switching to a 3rd-party sleep cover. Problem. Solved.
Were you using a Kobo sleep cover and replaced it with a third-party sleep cover or was the third-party sleep cover your first sleep cover for that device?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:07 AM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetguy View Post
I have reported it as well. But my hopes are not too high considering the super crappy (customer) support they have.

But since following the recommendation I do not power off any more - as far as I am concerned all is good...
For the record, and as someone pointed to this thread, the fix for the problem that @Gadgetguy described in the first post was in firmware version 4.25.15875.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:51 AM   #26
Nightflyer
Connoisseur
Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nightflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M6, Kobo Clara HD
My Kobo Clara HD with official cover {only once} ran the battery down within a couple hours mysteriously.

No idea why as I didn’t knowingly do anything different that day.

I did consider that maybe the battery level indicator was wrong or not refreshed or something but not sure as never happened again.
Nightflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 01:51 PM   #27
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Both my Forma and Libra have experienced a battery drain from full to zero overnight on several occasions. Both have the Kobo official sleep cover.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Both my Forma and Libra have experienced a battery drain from full to zero overnight on several occasions. Both have the Kobo official sleep cover.
Try keeping the sleep cover open and using the power button to put them to sleep. You'll know if the problem is the cover or not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote