Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
lmcread
Enthusiast
lmcread began at the beginning.

Device: none
new to ebook lending from public library

I was so excited that finally my local library was doing this... but then after asking questions to them... seems they, the staff is only learning as well...

i got the step by step instructions ... and managed to download the ebooks onto the computer ... then transfer from PC to my T1.... no problem...

but silly me... I thought there was a way (thru wifi??) to use my T1 directly and download directly from library to my T1 without using any PC>>>(am I just dreaming this ??)
and yes, I asked the library , but the staff only knows how to following the instructions using the PC , which I did.

for example ... i can use Nexus7, download and read right from that.

thanks .
lmcread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Hopefully this will help...

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
lmcread
Enthusiast
lmcread began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Hopefully this will help...

thanks for the info..i will have a look at it once I get home tonight!
lmcread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #4
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I found the video very interesting and sent the link to a friend that I am trying to get going with Overdrive books. The newest Sony I have is the Sony 950 Daily Edition Wi-Fi model and wish I could use it to download Overdrive books directly to it. If only Sony would update their older readers. The Sony 950 allows me to access the Sony Reader Store, but I have no reason to go there.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 10:35 PM   #5
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
I have been successful in borrowing via wifi from the Toronto Public Library. I don't know where you live or what set up they use, but maybe these instructions will help:

http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/c...onyhandout.pdf
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #6
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
BadBilly, Thank you very much for the information, but I finally found where links are set up for gmail and other sites on my 950. Was able to add the web address for my Overdrive library and am finally into my account. They just didn't make it as easy as with the newer Sony Readers to get into the libraries. I'll check out the video link you posted. Tried You Tube and didn't find much info for the 950 Daily Edition.
Just spent a couple hours trying to download an ePub eBook after checking it out. Overdrive refused, said it was not the correct format. Will try again tomorrow.

Last edited by luvshihtzu; 02-10-2013 at 01:26 AM.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote