Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-21-2020, 10:33 AM   #121
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
"if we have function inside the library"

No mention of templates there, so I did have to guess...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:52 AM   #122
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
"if we have function inside the library"

No mention of templates there, so I did have to guess...
Sorry, I'm not good explaining in my language, you can guess in another one Yes, I define functions in the template section, as I feel more comfortable with them than template mode. In any case, it looks like some function has disappeared (Yes, you can see them with calibre / python2 but not with calibre / python3)

Edit: Found the problem, python3 doesn't like "<>", it prefers "!=". In any case, the function has disappeared silently... No warning to the user...

Last edited by Terisa de morgan; 05-21-2020 at 11:57 AM.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #123
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Run calibre in debug mode and you will probably get a traceback telling you why the function could not be loaded.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:23 PM   #124
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Edit: Found the problem, python3 doesn't like "<>", it prefers "!=". In any case, the function has disappeared silently... No warning to the user...
I feel mildly shocked to discover real use of <> in the wild, TBH.

Though you could fix this by using:

Code:
$ python3
>>> from __future__ import barry_as_FLUFL
>>> 2 != 3
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    2 != 3
       ^
SyntaxError: with Barry as BDFL, use '<>' instead of '!='
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:55 PM   #125
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Run calibre in debug mode and you will probably get a traceback telling you why the function could not be loaded.
No, it's not very informative. In any case, if you don't run it in debug mode, you'll only get the information when the column that uses it fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I feel mildly shocked to discover real use of <> in the wild, TBH.

Though you could fix this by using:

Code:
$ python3
>>> from __future__ import barry_as_FLUFL
>>> 2 != 3
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    2 != 3
       ^
SyntaxError: with Barry as BDFL, use '<>' instead of '!='
I've already done the change, python-modernize has done it, being honest. And why is "<>" so shocking?
Advert
Old 05-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #126
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Yes, you do, but it doesn't help much with finding the exact problem. I can't add a gui error box because the template function compiler is used in command line mode, but I can probably add a print that provides the name of the function with the error.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #127
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
once Python Modify is run, is there any other changes that might have to be made or is that it done and the Python 2 code is now compatible with Python 2 and 3?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:15 PM   #128
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
... but I can probably add a print that provides the name of the function with the error.
I committed changes to show the name of the function failing to compile and to eliminate the unneeded stack trace lines.

Note that you must run calibre in debug mode to see these messages. No way I know of to get around that.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #129
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you. I think that, if somebody defines python template functions, she will be able to run calibre in debug mode
Old 06-16-2020, 01:31 AM   #130
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Released 4.99.6 with all changes from mainline and also updated Qt to 14.2. Note that the windows code signing key was renewed, so you might get warnings from SmartScreen about unknown software.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote