Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 02:48 PM   #301
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Not without sticking your fingers into the machinery.

Look inside the VM plugin code around config.py:143 for the set/get_library_config() routines. Then write some code that copies the settings from one library to another.

Conversely, you can try directly copying the info from the metadata.db sqlite in one library to another.

Code:
sqlite> select * from preferences where key='namespaced:ViewManagerPlugin:settings';
Keep in mind this is definitely 'unsupported'. You are on your own when it all goes horribly wrong. Backup early, backup often.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #302
ownedbycats
Guru
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Is it possible to make a view keep the current set of columns, but apply a different sort order/saved search to them? Unchecking all the columns (obviously) resulted in them all disappearing.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2020, 12:23 PM   #303
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No. But you can apply a set of columns without changing the sort order. So just do it the other way around.

I tried to implement that once upon a time but it proved excessively complex for reasons I don't remember.
Old 09-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #304
Kuhnke
Kuhnke began at the beginning.

Jump to first line?

Hi,
I have assigned hotkeys to my mostly used views (works perfect!).
What I miss is an automatic jump to the first line of the list. Is there an option to do this?
Kuhnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:03 PM   #305
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhnke View Post
Hi,
I have assigned hotkeys to my mostly used views (works perfect!).
What I miss is an automatic jump to the first line of the list. Is there an option to do this?
Ctrl-Home is Calibre's hot key for that. But I'll look into how hard it would be to (optionally) invoke with a VM view.
Advert
Old 09-05-2020, 09:45 PM   #306
ownedbycats
Guru
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would find that useful too. I sometimes use View Manager to reset my column sorts.
Old 09-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #307
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2020-09-06
- Add Jump to Top option to VM.

This looks like it all works correctly to me.

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-08-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Removed beta zip <sigh>
Old 09-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #308
ownedbycats
Guru

Works well for me too.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:12 AM   #309
Kuhnke
Kuhnke began at the beginning.

It works!
Thank you!!!
Kuhnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:10 PM   #310
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Looks like this change is working correctly.

If some passing mod could put last the test version in the first post for release, I'd appreciate it.

Version 1.5.5 - 08 Sep 2020
Add Jump to Top option to VM.
Old 09-08-2020, 02:32 PM   #311
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Looks like this change is working correctly.

If some passing mod could put last the test version in the first post for release, I'd appreciate it.

Version 1.5.5 - 08 Sep 2020
Add Jump to Top option to VM.
done did
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:54 AM   #312
ownedbycats
Guru

I ran into a glitch. I renamed a virtual library. It caused the corresponding view to not work.

I went into Customize View Manager to fix it. Even though "Switch to Virtual Library" was checked, the dropdown menu was blank and I couldn't click it. I ended up changing my VL name back to make it selectable again.

I was able to successfully change it by setting it to (no virtual library) before renaming the VL.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-18-2020 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #313
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I can't duplicate that problem.

I created a VL, setup a View to switch to it.

I both deleted and renamed the VL. In both cases, when I went back to the VM config, it showed blank for the VL, but I could click it and see the current list of VLs just fine.

The only time you can't click the VL list is if the switch to VL checkbox is off...
Old 10-18-2020, 01:04 PM   #314
ownedbycats
Guru

I tested it again with the same results. But I found that spam-clicking the "switch to VL" checkbox eventually caused it to be clickable again and then it worked normally afterwards. I have no idea what happened there. Some Qt glitch?
Old 10-18-2020, 01:23 PM   #315
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I tested it again with the same results. But I found that spam-clicking the "switch to VL" checkbox eventually caused it to be clickable again and then it worked normally afterwards. I have no idea what happened there. Some Qt glitch?
Possibly. Or an OS difference, maybe. I'd reboot if you haven't already.