Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-16-2020, 06:12 PM   #1081
wanderson
wanderson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 3 & Likebook Mars
The Overdrive plugin seems to be failing to link to the Kindle store. Here is a log for a search for the book Moving Mars by Greg Bear. The log seems to indicate that it is searching for the wrong title? It fails to find it in the Kindle store, but clearly the book is there:

Overdrive Link found: No changes.

Search for books by 1 author
Overdrive Link 2.39.0, calibre 4.21.0
Search language: English
Search formats: Adobe EPUB eBook, Adobe PDF eBook, Kindle Book, Mobipocket eBook, Open EPUB eBook, Open PDF eBook
=================================================
Finding library books by Greg Bear
Accessing library KU
Search KU for moving by greg bear
Get https://www.amazon.com/s/?url=node%3...rt=price&fap=1
Found 0 books in 1.8 sec
Matching 1 calibre book with 0 library books
Found 0 matching calibre books in 0.0 sec
wanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 08:51 PM   #1082
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderson View Post
The Overdrive plugin seems to be failing to link to the Kindle store.
It is mostly failing for me also, although sometimes it works. I will look into it further. It may take a few days.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:53 AM   #1083
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.40.0 - 19 Jul 2020

Handle website change at Amazon. (Fixes intermittent lack of search results.)

Handle website change at Open Library. (Fixes extra, incorrect search results.)
Old 09-12-2020, 08:46 AM   #1084
jhowell
Wizard

Version 2.41.0 - 12 Sep 2020

Handle website change at Amazon. (Fixes partially missing metadata.)

Handle website change at Project Gutenberg. (Fixes inability to build index.)
Old 10-08-2020, 07:49 AM   #1085
jhowell
Wizard

Version 2.42.0 - 08 Oct 2020

Handle website change at Project Gutenberg. (Fixes inability to build index.)

Fix occasional ThreadingViolationError when updating the library in calibre 5.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:04 PM   #1086
Chrystalline
Enthusiast
Chrystalline began at the beginning.

Device: pc
Is there a way to clarify whether OpenLibrary results are the 14-day epub/pdf option or only the 1-hr webviewer option? I hope I'm not just missing something obvious, but I don't see a way to filter that. I can use the epub/pdf, but the webviewer sends my Win10 laptop into convulsions, so I'm hoping to sort those out, if possible.
Chrystalline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:38 AM   #1087
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystalline View Post
Is there a way to clarify whether OpenLibrary results are the 14-day epub/pdf option or only the 1-hr webviewer option? I hope I'm not just missing something obvious, but I don't see a way to filter that.
There is currently no way to distinguish between them with this plugin. I will look into that for a future release.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #1088
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystalline View Post
Is there a way to clarify whether OpenLibrary results are the 14-day epub/pdf option or only the 1-hr webviewer option? I hope I'm not just missing something obvious, but I don't see a way to filter that. I can use the epub/pdf, but the webviewer sends my Win10 laptop into convulsions, so I'm hoping to sort those out, if possible.
Open Library has changed several times recently. The help pages on the website are out-of-date.

As far as I can tell the way it currently works is that books available through the Internet Archive can be borrowed in two different ways. If a book is not currently checked out you have the option to check it out for a two-week period and that gives access to DRM protected PDF and EPUB formats when available. If a book is already checked out you can still read it online but that loan will expire after one hour and there are no downloads.

At this point the plugin is working about as well as it can with Open Library. Searches will return books that are capable of being borrowed, whether or not they are available immediately. The "Check current availability of selected books" menu choice will return a zero wait time if a book is currently available for a two-week loan and a two-week wait time if it is checked out. (Two weeks is just an estimate since the plugin cannot determine the actual wait.) You can re-run that check periodically to see which books are now available to borrow.

It used to be possible to get on to a waiting list for a two week loan, but I don't see any way to do that currently. Perhaps I missed something.

-------

Update: I see waitlist options for some books on the Internet Archive. I will look into this further. I may need to switch the plugin so that it uses the Internet Archive instead of Open Library to make this work properly.

Last edited by jhowell; 10-22-2020 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Update
Old 10-29-2020, 05:54 AM   #1089
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've seen a problem when I'm checking the availability of a book. If the book I'm checking is included in Kindle Unlimited, it removes the link to Kindle Unlimited. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to check the availability in that case, but it's a common search.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:09 AM   #1090
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've seen a problem when I'm checking the availability of a book. If the book I'm checking is included in Kindle Unlimited, it removes the link to Kindle Unlimited. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense to check the availability in that case, but it's a common search.
That is not happening for me. Could you post here or PM me a job log showing this? That would help me to work out what is going wrong.
Old 10-29-2020, 12:02 PM   #1091
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm attaching the log and some screen captures. I've searched the book in the library and checking availability.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Library.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	183065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Availability.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	183066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Availability_1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	183067  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log_Search.txt (28.6 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #1092
jhowell
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm attaching the log and some screen captures. I've searched the book in the library and checking availability.
Thanks! I will take a look at those as soon as I have some free time.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:39 PM   #1093
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you very much. I didn't remember it, that's the reason it has happened again Not very important but I wanted to report it just in case.

Tags
id=model, overdrive