Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-16-2020, 12:05 PM   #451
andpen
andpen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite IV
Question

Good morning.
After updating Calibre to version 5.x and Your plugin to version 0.1.3, I noticed that for my language (Polish language) words are hyphenated incorrectly.

Let me give you an example:
Your plug - "sze-śćdzie-si-ątych"
Calibre - "sześć-dzie-sią-tych".

Can it be fixed?
andpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 10:28 AM   #452
fazzio349
fazzio349 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@fazzio349: Try this: Convert hyphenated epub to "dual" / "combo" / "master" mobi file (= what you get when you set mobi type to "both" in Mobi output settings in Calibre's Convert window) using Calibre and send/e-mail that mobi file to your Kindle address (send it to Amazon servers).

Last time I've checked (and that was when Hyphenate This plugin was just released) that worked and you would get hyphenated azw3 delivered to your Kindle.

Thanks. I've tried converting using the "old" "both" and "new" mobi formats. It does hyphenate when I use both or new, but I get an error on my Kindle when I try to open the document.
fazzio349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #453
BeckyEbook
Addict
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (Key3, PW2, PW3), Nook (ST, GLP), Kobo Touch, Tolino Vision 2
@andpen: The plugin will hyphenate words according to Polish rules if two conditions are met:
- The e-book will be set to Polish language in the metadata
- A dictionary file with Polish hyphenation rules (hyph_pl_PL.dic) will be visible in the plugin settings.
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:10 AM   #454
andpen
andpen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite IV
Exactly. Both conditions are met. Bad splitting started after upgrading CALIBER and HYPHERNATE THIS!. I didn't change any settings.
andpen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hyphenation