Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-11-2020, 08:40 PM   #526
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegAnne View Post
Top level only on Shelves.
Sorry, I think I can guess what that means, but, I'm not going to. Because if I get it wrong, we are all just wasting our time. Please explain in a reasonable amount of detail what you mean. Some examples would probably be a good idea.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:45 AM   #527
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
That's fair. In the meantime, ridiculously enough, I figured out what I "wanted". So, starting from https://www.goodreads.com/genres/non-fiction I added to my spreadsheet all the "related genres" listed in that page. Same for https://www.goodreads.com/genres/fiction. And proceeded to use only those on my goodreads.json i.e. Fiction -> Fantasy.
In my mind, that gives me the genres at the 2nd level. I assume that's not fully accurate but is a good starting point for what I was trying to accomplish.
Long story short: from my point of view, Tags are "nice to have", Genres are "needed".

Last edited by MegAnne; 10-15-2020 at 10:59 AM.
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 01:35 AM   #528
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Just a comment: Currently, you cannot remove the goodreads id from the book window with the mouse right button even if the option is offered and you select it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM   #529
MReprogle
MReprogle began at the beginning.

Device: none
I might be stupid, but I can't seem to get Tags to work correctly. When I try to pull tags from the book, "The Highly Sensitive Child" for example, it pulls the following tags:Psychology, Self Help, Reference, Childrens
Yet, when I go to the Goodreads page, it has Parenting, Nonfiction, Psychology, Self Help, Education
I'm not sure where it is pulling the tags that it is currently getting, but how do I change it over to the genres?
Also, I am running on Linux Mint 20, Calibre 5.3.0 and the 1.5.1 plugin. I am betting that this is more user error than anything, but just wanted to see if anyone had an idea of what I was doing wrong.
Thanks!

UPDATE:
Nevermind! I found that the 'Parenting' genre wasn't listed in the mappings, so that expains why it never showed up.

Last edited by MReprogle; Yesterday at 11:59 AM.
MReprogle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata