Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 10-04-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
orchid500
orchid500 began at the beginning.

Device: WIN10/Iphone/Ipad
No transfer of mobi and azw to Apple Books app?

Hi everyone!

I have been using Calibre on my notebook for a long time and CC with Apple Books on my Ipad for several years already.
A few days ago I wanted to transfer several older books to the Apple Books app to read. Unfortunately I could only transfer some of the books and some of them not!
I compared them and discovered that when I clicked on the "READ" icon and the window opened up, how and where to transfer the books only with the epub-books I got next to the other apps the Apple Books icon to choose. With mobi and azw ebooks the Apple Books Icon was missing, but all the other transfer apps were shown/available and I am able to transfer the book to my kindle library but not to the Apple books app.

I never had the problem that I could not transfer a book from CC to Apple Books so I guess this must be a newer development? Is this a CC or an Apple book issue? If it is an Apple book issue, which other app should I use to read all my ebooks? Or would it be easier to get Calibre to change the book format and then transfer it to CC again as an epub?

Thanks for your help in advance!
All the best
orchid
orchid500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
The Books app needs ePub versions. It's as simple as that.

IMO, the Books app is not that great. It doesn't have near the options you get with other e-book apps.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:08 PM   #3
orchid500
orchid500 began at the beginning.

Device: WIN10/Iphone/Ipad
Thank you for the quick answer!
Which ebook reading app (free/w fee) would you recommend for a frequent reader?
orchid500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I think the Kindle app is fine on an iDevice, but the majority of my books and library loans are from Amazon.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote