Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-25-2020, 01:58 AM   #1
Shewolf13
Shewolf13 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Calibre Companion saying calibre info is missing or corrupted

So I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A and am running the latest version of Calibre 5.0 and the latest version of Calibre Companion. When I load books onto my tablet via USB (unfortunately, I am unable to use wireless connection or the Content Server due to the fact that my ISP has made it so our network is permanently on "public" and it cannot be changed).

I would like to make it easy to import my library into Moon+ Reader and CC is the best way to do that, except that even though I have followed all the steps to do so, every time I choose the folder, it tells me that the calibre information is missing or corrupted. Please choose another library.

I am at my wits end. I have quite the library and to have to open each one in Moon+ Reader is a bit daunting. I could really use some help here.
Shewolf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 02:08 AM   #2
Shewolf13

Oh, sorry, I realized I didn't include the fact that I'm trying to access it from a local folder, in case that wasn't clear.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #3
milady133
Groupie
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Hisense A5
So CC is trying to read the copy of the Calibre Database you transfer with the books, isn't it? I'm not sure, but I think that it was what CC did when you transferred the books via USB. If that's the case, then maybe changes to the database in the new version of Calibre 5 aren't compatible with what CC expects.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 02:13 AM   #4
Shewolf13

It was doing it with version 4.23 as well. I send it to the device using calibre via USB. But when I try to use it import to CC, just says that the calibre database info is missing or corrupted.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:23 AM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
you cant use calibre to send its own database over usb, because if calibre is working , it has that database open and in use!
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote