Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-10-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
browneyedtaz
browneyedtaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Unhappy Sending Data to Calibre Companion

I have my calibre library on my computer and I connect using the calibre companion from my ereader. A recent update wiped out my entire library and I discovered I hadn't done a backup in over a year. So I am re-downloading my books from my library but one thing I can't seem to get to sync up on the ereader is the Read & Date Read columns. Is there a way to sync those 2 from Calibre down to Calibre Companion? When I go into my library I see a checkmark in the Read column so I know the data is there.
browneyedtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
chaley
Grumpy old git
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Reader
Moderator Notice
Moved thread to calibre companion forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:16 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Where is the Library missing? Computer or Android/Apple device?

Your Library may just be hidden. DO NOT attempt to rebuild until the knowledgable folke have told you to do.
Recovery could be as short a 5 Minutes done the proper way.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #4
browneyedtaz
browneyedtaz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Library

on my ereader, when I went into the calibre companion, there were no books after the update. so I imported from the last backup I had which was a year old. I'm pulling all my books down again but what I'm trying to find out now is if there is a way to bring down the READ data from Calibre to Calibre Companion so when I go into Calibre Companion on my ereader I see the green check marks showing the book has been read.
browneyedtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT(Fixed,New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A, Kobo Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedtaz View Post
on my ereader, when I went into the calibre companion, there were no books after the update. so I imported from the last backup I had which was a year old. I'm pulling all my books down again but what I'm trying to find out now is if there is a way to bring down the READ data from Calibre to Calibre Companion so when I go into Calibre Companion on my ereader I see the green check marks showing the book has been read.
I think (I never tried restoring a CC folder on my device) you use the Wireless device connection w/sync to update your devices status (assumes Calibre has that status from a previous sync)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #6
milady133
Zealot
milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.milady133 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
To sync the Read status and the Read date there's an option in the settings inside CC where you tell the columns in Calibre where that information have to be synced, at least in the android app.
I'm translating from Spanish, but more or less this is the navigation: Settings -> Mark books as read-> and there are two options inside this menu(among others), one to tell the name of the column for the Read status, and another to set the name of the column for the Read date.
milady133 is offline   Reply With Quote