Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
RoxyJ
Junior Book Zombie
RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.RoxyJ is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone, ipad
Order from Chapters or Kobo?

Hi everybody,
I would like to order the vox, but am wondering if I should order from the kobo site or Chapters?
Kobo has the coupon, but how is their return policy? I heard that Chapters will do an exchange on the spot if there are any problems. but I'm guessing that if I order from Kobo directly I would have to mail the vox in, if there are any problems.
Any thoughts?
Also, in Chapters today they said that they had several in stock for the release on the second. Is there any way to preorder online for store pick-up?

Thanks!
RoxyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:06 AM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Ah, Roxy - I went through the same dilemma as you!!! First, I was going to buy in-store at Chapters - then I called a bunch of them and found out that quantities were going to be limited (even in November), and all of the managers I spoke to said I should pre-order online. So, then I went to the Chapters website and saw 1-2 weeks till delivery on their website + could not use the $10 off coupon. Ugh. Then I bit the bullet and ordered on the Kobo website. Yeah - I am not thrilled about having to mail the thing back if there's any problems, but I bought the $40 silver protection, so I don't have to pay for any shipping. I still will have to WAIT if the thing is defective...but I probably would have had to anyway (since there are limited quantities). I think there's no good answer here.

I do know someone who said they were able to pre-order one and have it delivered to the store, but I think you may have to call Chapters to order, as I did not see a way to do this on the Chapters website...they did not give an option for store pick-up when I went through the check-out process (I tested it, since I figured this would be faster...then I gave up and just ordered to have it shipped to me through the Kobo website). I would love to pick up at Chapters, because I get stuck picking up all packages at the post office anyway - and Chapters has better hours than my post office!!!

Try calling Chapters to see if they can do the order and have it shipped to the store...that may work.

Good luck! It will be interesting to see just how long these are delayed (I just ordered mine yesterday, so I suspect it will be shipped on Nov.4).
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
pokee--my local Chapters exchanged a Kobo WiFi I did not buy from them when it was broken, broken, broken. I decided to buy the additional protection (that provides a replacement even if the damage to my Vox was my own fault). I thought that using it might involve dealing with Kobo anyway, which was one more reason to buy directly from Kobo (from my perspective).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
with my current dealings with Kobo customer service, I would order from Chapters. Their return policy seems to be quicker to deal with issues than Kobo directly, as it's been 2 days now, and Kobo tech support hasn't returned any messages about my broken Wifi except automated responses telling me "24-48 hours"
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote