HenkH began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302
Only 3 days left for the new firmware!
HenkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #48
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenkH View Post
Only 3 days left for the new firmware!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:27 AM   #49
HenkH
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
See this topic from your collegue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Version 15.3 kommt leider erst im Januar.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:45 AM   #50
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Let's face it. If the complete (incl. Browser, writing app, rss, etc.) ever is issued, it now is simply way too late. But trust me, there will maybe come some kind of upgrade, but the fully functional firmware as promised and long due for the pb302 will never be issued. Therefor pb302 owners should get COMPENSATION!
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 03:36 PM   #51
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Promises, promises, promises

Quote:
There is no such thing as a final release @ PocketBook. We have release versions and beta versions, but we continue development.
After all those empty promises I can't help but feel cheated.
A refund would be a great idea but I won't hold my breath for that. They still have to learn the meaning of the word "integrity".
m2heikamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:15 AM   #52
HenkH
Enthusiast

Today could be a great day... (but it probably will end in disappointment)
Old 02-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #53
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
Disappointment √
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #54
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Any change in the status of this? Another month or so has passed.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:54 AM   #55
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Are you kidding, guy?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #56
guyanonymous
Guru

Well, it may feel like I'm kidding here, but I'm trying to politely find out what's going on with the promised but never delivered features. I do recognize that, for the most part, when PB reps see this thread they skip over it (as they seem likely do with most 302 angry threads)....but on the off chance that this update is released (by them, by a user, by anyone)...I'm hoping to find out about it soon.

While my device is still under warranty (it is 1 year in NA right?)...I have to determine a) the promised features will never come, I'm not investing another cent in the device or b) it's worth paying the $30-50 in shipping (and facing potential duties/brokerage fees on insured value, repair estimations they right on the return shipping declaration) to get my device repaired (fading screen, intermittent memory card issue, etc) so that I can use the device as originally promised (web browser, keyboard + writing app, etc.)

For now, it's essentially a really expensive generic ebook reader that works most of the time.

Even if pocketbook paid for shipping to and from their US repair centre (still none in Canada right?)...I'm nervous I'd get a unit back with other problems (broken button on my first) or a refurb with who knows what wrong. Having seen how people with the exact same device (supposedly) can't use the same firmware on their devices consistently, I do not have much confidence in PB's ability to produce hardware or software at this stage, let alone to support what they do actually produce (or promise to produce).
Old 03-01-2011, 09:11 AM   #57
m2heikamp
m2heikamp began at the beginning.

Quote:
Really? The lack of timely software development is still better than no software development at all (just sayin')
Where's the proof that there is any development? For all I know, there might even be none. The result is still the same: no new firmware whatsoever.
m2heikamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #58
guyanonymous
Guru

I guess with the PB rep leaving Mobileread.com, there's not much post in asking about progress here anymore.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #59
Guus
Enthusiast
Guus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad 3G 64GB, iriver Story HD, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
............Having seen how people with the exact same device (supposedly) can't use the same firmware on their devices consistently, I do not have much confidence in PB's ability to produce hardware or software at this stage, let alone to support what they do actually produce (or promise to produce).
Just spread the news DON'T BUY ANY EREADER FROM POCKETBOOK, NEVER!
Guus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #60
Guus
Enthusiast
Guus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enoughGuus will become famous soon enough

Device: Apple iPad 3G 64GB, iriver Story HD, Sony PRS-T1
There should be an alert on this forum:
DON'T BUY ANY EREADER FROM POCKETBOOK

Last edited by Guus; 03-02-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Guus is offline   Reply With Quote