Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
Deividas
Deividas began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Question Bookeen support

Does any body have experience with Bookeen support?

I wrote mail on Sunday and still didin't get any response Maybe somebody could help me.
I have new Cybook Opus. At the beginning it worked well. On Saturday I have noticed that every time after I switch on the device it starts from the very beginning - it asks to select language, forgets my settings (font size, folder view), forgets page of book I'm reading.

How to restore normal functionality?
Deividas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:46 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It could be some corruption in the internal memory.

Try connecting the Opus to the computer and running a disk check utility on the storage unit that appears (on Windows, you'd probably right-click the unit on the file explorer, choose "Properties", then the "Tools" tab and there should be a "run check" or something).

And always remember to use the "disconnect safely" icon in Windows before actually unplugging the USB cable.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It could be some corruption in the internal memory.

Try connecting the Opus to the computer and running a disk check utility on the storage unit that appears (on Windows, you'd probably right-click the unit on the file explorer, choose "Properties", then the "Tools" tab and there should be a "run check" or something).

And always remember to use the "disconnect safely" icon in Windows before actually unplugging the USB cable.
Yep.

No response by now is not weird either. Still only noon in france. Guess you should have an answer by the end of the day (French time).
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Deividas
Deividas began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Jellby, thanks. I will try.

EownCarter, I have send mail on Sunday, 3 days ago....
Deividas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deividas View Post
Does any body have experience with Bookeen support?

I wrote mail on Sunday and still didin't get any response Maybe somebody could help me.
I have new Cybook Opus. At the beginning it worked well. On Saturday I have noticed that every time after I switch on the device it starts from the very beginning - it asks to select language, forgets my settings (font size, folder view), forgets page of book I'm reading.

How to restore normal functionality?
Response to my mail took 3 days. They're probably a bit understaffed.
But they are reliable and helpful.
And Opus to me is worth bit of trouble...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #6
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
My experience is that if your problem is one that they know how to deal with they react fairly quickly. If it is a new problem then it takes a while. Sometimes you need to pester them with multiple emails to get their attention.

If this was a problem with a PC, I'd guess that you have a bad battery. In laptops there are two batteries. The main battery and a small battery to keep settings alive in volatile memory. When this secondary battery goes dead you can have symptoms like this. I don't know if the Opus uses this type of secondary battery approach, but it does sound like this.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
You might simply need a firmware update, they should have you fixed up in 2 or 3 years easily...
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Lake person
Enthusiast
Lake person began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Bebook, Pocketbook 360
My experience with Bookeen in the last 3 months was lots of emails from me and some replys from them. In the last three weeks they have stated that they have moved to a different building and also that they are having computer problems. The good news is they sent me a replacement Cybook Gen 3 that has more fun stuff than my basic broken one I sent them.
Lake person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Garo
Garo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus
I have bought several Gen3 readers (gifts) and all freeze frequently. In June the support team responded with the promise to issue new firmware “in brief delay”. Finally one of the devices stopped working. From September 25 I was sending emails once a week to contact@bookeen.com, suppport@bookeen.com and, since nobody responded,
to Michael Dahan personally a week ago. No answer. The warranty expires soon in October. For me the only way of communication is through emails as Bookeen does not provide a phone number. How many emails and how long it can take them to respond?
Garo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:01 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garo View Post
I have bought several Gen3 readers (gifts) and all freeze frequently. In June the support team responded with the promise to issue new firmware “in brief delay”. Finally one of the devices stopped working. From September 25 I was sending emails once a week to contact@bookeen.com, suppport@bookeen.com and, since nobody responded,
to Michael Dahan personally a week ago. No answer. The warranty expires soon in October. For me the only way of communication is through emails as Bookeen does not provide a phone number. How many emails and how long it can take them to respond?
It will take more than a few and more than you should expect. Their response time is slower than FEMA (US Federal Emergency Management Agency) response time to the Katrina hurricane.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #11
Lake person
Enthusiast
Lake person began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook, Bebook, Pocketbook 360
The only way I could get Bookeen to reply was to send mutiple polite very carefully worded email at once. One of mine said "Why won't you answer this email?" There reply was to say they were sorry I did not seem to get there replys. Funny I got the email that said I didn't get there emails. Finally I demanded my Cybook back. I ended up paying $160.00 US dollors for a replacement from them.
Lake person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Phone Number
Another thread, same topic - may give further ideas ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Just a note, bookeen resently moved, i'm not sure that number is still valid, unless they ported it.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Just a note, bookeen resently moved, i'm not sure that number is still valid, unless they ported it.
Well then.. Yet Another Reason To Fault Bookeen's Management Style, yes?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
oh! blother - surely they would have kept it ??????
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, cybook opus, support