Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-23-2018, 02:55 PM   #1
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Does Calibre use a special "flavor"of regex?

I am by no means an expert with regex's, but I find that a lot of the things I have used in the past (in programming, not Calibre), do not work.

I have looked at the Quick Reference on the calibre site, and there are things I don't recognize. This could be simple ignorance on my part of course.

Is the calibre regex a different variety? If so, is there a more comprehensive reference out there that would inform me.
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:07 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There are more than 1 variation of REGEX
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/reg...reference.html
(There is also a lot of overlap )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/regex
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote