Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2016, 05:01 PM   #1
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Kobo Aura One Blank Screen After Calibre Use

Has anyone else experienced problems with Calibre and the Aura One? I've used Calibre to add public domain titles to the device without any problems until today. Just now I tried to load two different Gutenberg titles, and when I ejected the Aura One, I found all my books missing. I powered the device off and then back up and the books had returned, though without the new titles I put on it. Tried the same thing again and the same thing happened. I then tried to transfer another title I had already read on the Aura One and deleted. Same problem.

Is there an issue with the latest Calibre that I need to know about, or does this sound like a weird Kobo issue? Thanks for any thoughts. Right now the Aura One is working fine, but I'm leery of doing anything else with Calibre until I figure this out.

Paul
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #2
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Answering My Own Question

Odd indeed. I've done a couple of cycles, turning the Aura One off and on again. Suddenly the books I had tried to add earlier are all there and everything seems normal. I tried to duplicate the problem but now it doesn't happen. So I'll chalk this up as a mystery, and hope that anyone else who runs into this odd behavior will comment as well. At least for now, though, all is well.
Advert
Old 11-03-2016, 10:48 PM   #3
JoOrwick
Connoisseur
JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.JoOrwick has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 3 (2015)
It sounds like a Kobo issue to me. I've also been having weird issues with my Aura One when transferring books using Calibre. It often freezes at a certain percentage after unplugging/ejecting it from PC and sometimes new books don't even show up.
JoOrwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:28 AM   #4
Sir Loyne
Connoisseur
Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Sir Loyne , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura One
This reminds me of what I went through when I first got mine. Like you, everything is working fine now.

See my thread here.
Sir Loyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:43 AM   #5
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I had a similar problem with my Mini. I was transferring books to it via Calibre, and when connected to the PC I could see the files, when I ejected the Mini showed no books. I tried a few things and eventually factory reset it.

TBH I never connected it with Calibre per se, I assumed the database had somehow gotten corrupt.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
gilster
Connoisseur

I'm thinking it's a database issue as well, but don't know how the Kobo DB really works. For now, things are better, but we'll see with continuing use.

Tags
aura, calibre