Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #46
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
GeoffR,
Is there a way to patch the store add Sort by Price when browsing sub-categories in the store? Currently the only options are Bestsellers, Most popular, and what's new.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:06 PM   #47
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
GeoffR,
Is there a way to patch the store add Sort by Price when browsing sub-categories in the store? Currently the only options are Bestsellers, Most popular, and what's new.
Something tells me that would depend on the website (and the API for access to it) supporting Sort by Price.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2015, 11:48 PM   #48
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Something tells me that would depend on the website (and the API for access to it) supporting Sort by Price.
That is probably right, but even if the sorting was done on the device I don't know how to change it. (I wish I did, the first thing I would do would be to enable sorting the library by series like it did in firmware 2.3.x)
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:11 AM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
(I wish I did, the first thing I would do would be to enable sorting the library by series like it did in firmware 2.3.x)
That's something I really miss.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:17 PM   #50
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
alright thanks.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #51
pinho9
pinho9 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The kobo firmware has some undocumented or experimental features that are not active by default, but which can be enabled in the [FeatureSettings] section of the device's configuration file .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf.

The configuration file is a plain ASCII file with unix line breaks. When editing it, it is important to use an editor that doesn't change the file type or line break style. Most Linux and Mac text editors should be okay, but don't use Notepad or Wordpad in Windows: use an editor such as Notepad++ instead.

(Enabling these features doesn't require patching at all, but some patches work in conjunction with undocumented features, so I've included this post here for reference.)

An example of an undocumented feature is FullScreenReading which, once enabled, adds the following option to the Reading settings menu:
Attachment 139063

To enable a feature, e.g. FullScreenReading, edit the configuration file and add the new feature to the [FeatureSettings] section. (If there is not already a [FeatureSettings] section, then add that too.) The result should look like:
Code:
[FeatureSettings]
FullScreenReading=true
Additions to [FeatureSettings] will remain in place after a firmware update. If you want to disable the feature you can edit the configuration file again and change its setting from true to false.
\I can not find the kobo directory. Can you help me?
pinho9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinho9 View Post
\I can not find the kobo directory. Can you help me?
That directory name starts with a dot. It is".kobo". If you are using a Mac or Linux machine to access the device, the directory will probably be hidden (that's what the dot means). You will need to do whatever is needed in your OS to see hidden directories.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #53
Phyllis41
Wizardess
Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Galaxy Note 3
Hi,

Is there a way to uninstall/delete some default fonts on Kobo Glo? I hate to see OpenDyslexic and Gothic on my device list. Just a matter of personal choice. I have learned that all the default fonts can be disabled through Metazoa patches, but I'd like to keep some of them on device.
Sorry for my bad English.
Phyllis41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:51 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is a patch to not show system fonts, but it also stops showing some side loaded fonts as well. So I don't recommend it.

Basically the answer is no, you cannot remove just some system fonts.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:11 AM   #55
Phyllis41
Wizardess
Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phyllis41 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Basically the answer is no, you cannot remove just some system fonts.
Oh.. it's a pity . Anyway, thanks JSWolf, for the information. However, one more question, I do not find any .ttf or .otf files anywhere on the device for the pre-loaded fonts. Could you please inform where are they stored and in what form?

Last edited by Phyllis41; 11-21-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-21-2015, 02:07 PM   #56
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis41 View Post
Oh.. it's a pity . Anyway, thanks JSWolf, for the information. However, one more question, I do not find any .ttf or .otf files anywhere on the device for the pre-loaded fonts. Could you please inform where are they stored and in what form?
They are located on the system partition, /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts. You need access to the system partition in order to delete any files there. For one time use the simplest way is by setting udev rules, I guess. For an example of how to do this you can look at uninstall_qms.zip of this post, which deletes some files from the system partition. Do not try it if you do not feel comfortable with this.

Last edited by tshering; 11-21-2015 at 02:12 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 02:48 PM   #57
mortimer7
Connoisseur
mortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-booksmortimer7 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iLiad, Kobo Aura 6"
wrong message

Last edited by mortimer7; 11-21-2015 at 04:03 PM.
mortimer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #58
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllis41 View Post
Hi,

Is there a way to uninstall/delete some default fonts on Kobo Glo? I hate to see OpenDyslexic and Gothic on my device list. Just a matter of personal choice. I have learned that all the default fonts can be disabled through Metazoa patches, but I'd like to keep some of them on device.
Sorry for my bad English.
There is a more simple way I guess: the fonts folder.
If you side download the fonts you need and put them in that folder, it will display it on the list.
Then use the system fonts patch to disable them all, with some luck the ones in the fonts folder are still there visible.
(in the root of your device create a folder named fonts, every font you put in there is useable.. )
https://thoughtsviewsopinions.wordpr...-step-by-step/
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 10:52 AM   #59
Phyllis41
Wizardess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
They are located on the system partition, /usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts. You need access to the system partition in order to delete any files there. For one time use the simplest way is by setting udev rules, I guess. For an example of how to do this you can look at uninstall_qms.zip of this post, which deletes some files from the system partition. Do not try it if you do not feel comfortable with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
If you side download the fonts you need and put them in that folder, it will display it on the list.
Then use the system fonts patch to disable them all, with some luck the ones in the fonts folder are still there visible.
(in the root of your device create a folder named fonts, every font you put in there is useable.. )
Thanks, tshering and Nick_1964 for your valuable advise. I will try my luck with both the methods, and inform the outcome.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #60
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
While that does get rid of the fonts that are wanted to be gotten rid of, the fonts that are not wanted to go also go. So I highly recommend staying away from that patch as it causes more trouble than it is worth.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote