Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #1
Gerlyn
Enthusiast
Gerlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Creating epub with inline block problem

I am using Sigil to create epubs by hand to work in Ibooks. Want to use inline-block for page breaks. I proof it in ADE and it works fine - doesn't work in Ibooks as I have read it should. Been using Liz Castros website and books as references, even her example of inline-block epub doesn't work in my Ibooks. These are smaller documents and I would prefer not to break them up as chapters to get the same page break effect. Help?
Gerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
inline-block is not a property officially supported by the ePub spec, so I wouldn't rely on it.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
Gerlyn
Enthusiast
Gerlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Is this new? I thought at one point it was an allowed CSS Structure. Do I have any other options?
Gerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerlyn View Post
Is this new? I thought at one point it was an allowed CSS Structure. Do I have any other options?
CSS is NOT EPUB
What is allowable on a web page may not be allowed in a real EPUB (Variants excluded).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
It is allowed, in the sense that it is not forbidden, and the ePub will be valid. But it is not a required feature, so compliant readers do not need to support it, and they'd still be compliant.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It is allowed, in the sense that it is not forbidden, and the ePub will be valid. But it is not a required feature, so compliant readers do not need to support it, and they'd still be compliant.
Good point.
Making use of limited supported features or bleading edge technologies, just limits your market size. So unless your goal is to demonstrate the Bleading Edge feature, choosing to use a middle of the road feature set is probably a good business move
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote