Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
eltrkbrd
eltrkbrd began at the beginning.

Device: none
Android PDF reader that reflows text including images?

Hello MobilRead aficionados,

Is there a PDF reader for Android (I'm currently on 4.2.2) that supports reflowing with both text and images for OCR documents?

Repligo will reflow text very nicely but doesn't show images. I was amazed however that it was smart enough to take a two column PDF and automatically reflow the text to one column per page at a time!

I have also tried Mantano Ebook Reader Premium, Moon+ Reader Pro and ezPDF Reader Pro. Unfortunately, Repligo doesn't support ePUB files.

Also, I'm using Calibre Companion for Android and most of my ebooks are either in ePUB or PDF file format.

So far, I really like how Mantano handles both PDF & ePUB formats on Android but it doesn't seem to handle PDFs nearly as well as Repligo. ezPDF in comparison has "clunky" stability issues and for me it seems to be feature overkill on a 7" Nook Color (CM 10.1.2).

Admittedly, I'm a tyro when it comes to the world of Android & eReaders.

For those using Calibre for Windows and Calibre Companion on Android; what are your recommendations for a single eReader APK that supports both PDF & ePUB formats?

Lastly, how well can Calibre convert PDF to ePUB?

Here's an informative article on Wikipedia listing a "Comparison of Android e-book reader software".

Your feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by eltrkbrd; 07-20-2013 at 09:30 PM.
eltrkbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by eltrkbrd View Post
Is there a PDF reader for Android that supports reflowing with both text and images for OCR documents?
DuoKan does this but doesn't have official English support.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, calibre, pdf, reflow, text and images