Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
weejewel
weejewel began at the beginning.

Device: none
E-Ink reader for a wall-mounted project

Dear community,

For a hobby project I am looking into buying an e-reader with an e-ink display to mount on the wall. I will create a custom webpage with buttons to control smart lighting, music etc. A fast refresh rate isn't necessarily required.

Ideally, the device:
  • Has an e-ink display
  • Has a full-screen web browser without navigational controls (a.k.a. kiosk mode)
  • Has very low Wi-Fi idle usage
  • Has no screensaver

I am experienced with flashing custom firmware and similar DIY practices so that's no problem.

I'll be happy to know which one to buy!
weejewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Several people have used Kindles for this type of thing. They have a reasonably capable web browser and can display web pages stored on the device itself.

See, for example:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311157

Last edited by HarryT; 02-27-2019 at 02:08 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert