Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2018, 09:06 AM   #1
schappenberg
schappenberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo Glo doesn't start after re-writing internal SD-card

Hi all,

after re-writing the internal SD-card of a Kobo Glo (N613) with the image from @davidfor (thanks again) under Linux with the "dd" command, the reader doesn't start anymore. After plugging the USB cable in the USB port, the LED turn on blue, after a view seconds it starts blinking green. The screen shows a smiling Kobo reader with five running dots below. Hard reset (with the light and the on/off button) doesn't work, also a reset with a paper clip doesn't change anything.
Can anyone help me reactivate the reader?

THX a lot
Schappenberg
schappenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 06:53 PM   #2
thymaster
Zealot
thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.thymaster is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Three things that could be wrong.
1) the image file is corrupt
2) the sd card is corrupt, not formatted correctly or it could be a fake card.
3) you didn't clone and repartition the card right.

Need more details of every occurrence.
thymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2018, 07:14 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
Three things that could be wrong.
1) the image file is corrupt
2) the sd card is corrupt, not formatted correctly or it could be a fake card.
3) you didn't clone and repartition the card right.
The image is written to the card. There should be no partitioning taking place.

As the device is booting to the dancing squares, it suggests either number 2 above. The card in my Glo did fail and replacing it solved all it's problems.

The other thing to try is a factory reset using the buttons. Rewriting the image should be enough, but there have been a few reports of a problem afterwards that a factory reset fixes.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 01:26 AM   #4
schappenberg
schappenberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi, writing the firmware again on the sd card (just for information, i just did it twice before), now the kobo runs like a charm!
Thanks for your help!
schappenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
shan1330
shan1330 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
will some on send me the kodo n613 image
shan1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2020, 06:23 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent in response to the other badly placed post. And, please wait a reasonable amount of time for a response before posting again. Posting multiple requests will not get you a response faster. It just means I have to waste time either responding multiple times, or working out if I have already responded.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote