Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Case for Touch?

Has anyone found cases that fit the KT yet?

I'm specifically interested in a flip-over design that can be used as an easel-type stand for "no-hands" use. I know it's bad manners, but I like to read while eating.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #2
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
I put mine in my medge case that I had for my Sony 505 (I think it's the same one they sell for the PRS-600). It fits ok - it is a bit shorter than the Sony so the top straps just barly loop over the top corrners, but it does hold it pretty secure. I have the executive jacket, but they have different cover that would hold it in theposition you wanted.

http://www.medgestore.com/products/prs600-platform.psp

HTH. I'm happy with this setup for mine (for now) but when they release the cases that are specifically for the Kobo Touch - I'll be buying another cover from them.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
It almost fits into the sleeve that came with my jetBook: width is perfect but the Touch about a centimeter too tall but the hardened screen protector bit falls where it should. Which means it might work with the Sony Pocket 300 cover. There was also a cover at Dollar Tree for pbooks that fit the jetBook if you are especialy budget minded (and they still carry it.) Another potential from the jetBook forum is a 4x6 photo holder from hobby shops.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
dafrizz
Ultimate Player
dafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enoughdafrizz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo 1, Kobo Touch
Being down under without the touch on sale here I figured it would be nigh on impossible to find a good case for the touch here. I really wanted to see any possible cases before buying them so buying online wasn't really an option.

In the end I decided to make my own cover, hollow book style.

Sorry for not documenting the build process with photos, but I've attached a few of the finished product.

I followed (in part) this guide, with a few modifications. Found a nice notebook that had been sitting on my shelf for 20+ years (!) that had the right size.

Added a little string to help lift the kobo out.

Also added a moleskine type rubber band to keep the case closed. Once that was all done I decided that some fabric lining would be nice. I knew the glue would somewhat mess the fabric up but that doesn't bother me.

I padded the lining of the case "lid" with a bit of tissue for extra screen protection.

Pretty happy with the end result, could have been a bit more careful with the glue. Maybe next time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000097.JPG
Views:	871
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	74149   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000098.JPG
Views:	1124
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	74150   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000100.JPG
Views:	980
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	74151  
dafrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:33 AM   #5
know-one
Connoisseur
know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.know-one ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kOBO
Dvd case for mine, as discussed in other threads.
know-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #6
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Quote:
I know it's bad manners, but I like to read while eating.
While this isn't a case, this stand works wonderfully for your purpose. I own one for my tablet computer and it works equally well for my Kobo. It's made of solid aluminum with enough weight that it won't move around when it's in use.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Foldable-Stand-De...item336849c9ac
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
jswinden
Nameless Being

I don't think there are any official cases yet in USA stores, in other words cases made specifically for the KT. I'm not sure where you live, but i read in one of the threads here that Borders is supposed to start stocking some in late July. I would be careful of third-party strapped cases as the KT has the power switch right where most cases have the upper-right strap.

I had a neopreme slip case from my old Sony 300 that fits the KT well. I do want a bookstyle case though and hopefully someone will start carrying them soon.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #8
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
I ordered one of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00573LRIE

It appears to be a pouch that folds into a stand. For $15, the risk is low, and Amazon would take it back if it is not satisfactory.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post

It appears to be a pouch that folds into a stand. For $15, the risk is low, and Amazon would take it back if it is not satisfactory.
Good price. I think most bookstyle cases will probably be at least $30 USD and most likely even more. If you judge by the price of Kindle, Sony, and Nook cases, it seems they start in the $35+ range.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:

That actually is a nifty lookin case.
The question I have about it and its hard to tell But from what I can see it looks like it might be at risk for falling out. Just based on the style and design. Around home or the office it might be ok.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
DizzC
Enthusiast
DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.DizzC is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:

That seems like a pretty great deal. Case and screen protector (plus the carabiner for whatever reason) for only $15 is hard to beat. Hopefully the quality is there as well. I look forward to you posting your impressions of it.
DizzC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #12
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrizz View Post
Being down under without the touch on sale here I figured it would be nigh on impossible to find a good case for the touch here. I really wanted to see any possible cases before buying them so buying online wasn't really an option.

In the end I decided to make my own cover, hollow book style.

Sorry for not documenting the build process with photos, but I've attached a few of the finished product.

I followed (in part) this guide, with a few modifications. Found a nice notebook that had been sitting on my shelf for 20+ years (!) that had the right size.

Added a little string to help lift the kobo out.

Also added a moleskine type rubber band to keep the case closed. Once that was all done I decided that some fabric lining would be nice. I knew the glue would somewhat mess the fabric up but that doesn't bother me.

I padded the lining of the case "lid" with a bit of tissue for extra screen protection.

Pretty happy with the end result, could have been a bit more careful with the glue. Maybe next time
Your the second person to do so. Both look good btw. And what a way to confuse people when you ask them what 2000+ books look like and you show them that. Any way Its actually quite nice.

thanks for sharing

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 PM   #13
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I wonder if covers for the Sony 650 will work. I've seen a few on Amazon, but this one I'm tempted to get since it's less than $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Leath...0591809&sr=1-2

Doesn't use the four corner straps.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I wonder if covers for the Sony 650 will work. I've seen a few on Amazon, but this one I'm tempted to get since it's less than $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Leath...0591809&sr=1-2

Doesn't use the four corner straps.
I've read a lot of good reviews on the Tuff-Luv cases. If it is a tad too big you could always pad it with a bit of foam.

For those thinking about a universal case with four corner straps, I wonder if using three straps along with a small piece of velcro at the location where the upper-right strap should go will work? It might be worth a try.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #15
Dimwit
Connoisseur
Dimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterDimwit can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo
I bought the bookcase style from Chapters for 30 bucks and it works well. Yeah the strap in the corner does get in the way a little (it covers the led) but overall, a good purchase.
Dimwit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel