Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Unfortunately, during the connect the device looks for a web page and if it can't retrieve it, assumes the connection doesn't work and stops. There have been a few suggestions about how to get around this. One such is with https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2377037.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:19 PM   #47
Bob Brunius
Connoisseur
Bob Brunius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW & Kobo H2O
Great information on that link David. Thank you.
Bob Brunius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #48
ibu
Addict
ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.ibu can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kobo H20, iPhone 6+, Macbook Pro
I added
FullScreenBrowser=true
in the section
[FeatureSettings]
in the file "Kobo eReader.conf".

My device is a H2O with 4.3.8842.

Indeed a webpage is displayed on a larger part of the display.

But:
* on top there's an empty space of about 13mm and at the bottom of 4mm. The webpage itself does not have any margins.

* there's no way to exit from the browser (but a change to the standby or restart of the reader)

Is there any way to solve the task "true fullscreen of the browser" without these issues, may be by a patch?

And is there a way to get the same tap gesture for "scroll one page further" as for a book?
In my configuration it is tapping in the left area for books.

I would like to use the browser to display cooking recipes from my own website. Therefor I need a good presentation and usage of contents in the browser.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by ibu; 02-23-2017 at 06:25 PM.
ibu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, aura, browser, full screen, kobo