Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #46
Marcela K
Marcela K began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
It is actually a device for reading, not for browsing - wood be nice to have though ...
Sure, that's what I bought it for, but - as you said - it "would be nice to have"...
Marcela K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #47
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark G. Flipper View Post
Good for you. Don't generalize, though!
My ticket has been standing for two weeks now. I dared to ask for a status report a few days ago, got no reply. Does that qualify me as difficult?
No, of course not. From what you wrote now -if that is accurate and complete- I would not consider you "difficult."

I had already replied to Onyx International BV that it might be a good idea to always keep responding helpfully and friendly even to the most unreasonable customers... and I'm not suggesting you are one of them. But even if you were (suppose) an answer to a customer's last message is always required as a good business practice.

Last edited by Lode; 01-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #48
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
This simply shows your lack of logical thinking. Does one fast response eclipse the bad experience other users had? Or is your experince more valuable than that of others?

And on top of that: does it surprise you that a shop ships their products fast?
more important seems to me their behaviour AFTER the deal is done.
I see that I could have made it clearer: it's about 2 different web-shops: I had left a message on the website of the shop someone complained of here. I informed them that they were getting a bad name on this forum, gave the link to this thread, and -based on the complained- suggested they improve their customer service.
And you are right, that I got a fast reply does not prove that everyone does. But they answered me quickly.

The other web-shop is Booxtor's, and from them I received the email that my order was shipped.

Last edited by Lode; 01-23-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #49
javi_alex27
javi_alex27 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Booxtor
What I have to put into DNI / NIF / NIE if I am from Mexico?
I sent you a Private message read it please
javi_alex27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #50
Lode
Zealot

About buying the M92 for reading, but not for having the option of surfing on the Internet:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcela K View Post
Sure, that's what I bought it for, but - as you said - it "would be nice to have"...
In the M92 Manual it says that one can browse the Internet, and bookmark the websites one wants to go to again. Look on page 32 of this PDF: "Browser Menu": Onyx Boox M92 Manual

Last edited by Lode; 01-23-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Advert
Old 01-23-2012, 04:36 PM   #51
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by javi_alex27 View Post
Booxtor
What I have to put into DNI / NIF / NIE if I am from Mexico?
I sent you a Private message read it please
Actually nothing. Just let it empty. This filed is reserved for EU companies with valid VAT ID and appears if you put a company name in the registration form.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #52
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
About buying the M92 for reading, but not for having the option of surfing on the Internet:
In the M92 Manual it says that one can browse the Internet, and bookmark the websites one wants to go to again. Look on page 32 of this PDF: "Browser Menu": Onyx Boox M92 Manual
You are sure some enthusiastic customer - somehow positioned on the wrong side of the field.
Why are you talking about the manual and not about your personal experience?
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:35 AM   #53
Marcela K

Quote:
It is one question, what the manual says and another, what actually happens. At least I am unable to search within homepages, for instance. I can open wikipedia, but cannot enter a searchword. The same for google etc. But well, hopefully in the future the software will be more sophisticated. For reading it is great, however.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 PM   #54
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
You can install offline Wiki reader and download Wiki content for several countries. Than you can search and read Wiki even if not on internet.

The reader is somewhere at this forum.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #55
Marcela K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
You can install offline Wiki reader and download Wiki content for several countries. Than you can search and read Wiki even if not on internet.

The reader is somewhere at this forum.
I would be very glad if people actually read and understand the comments posted here: the problem is, that the internet-function is rather useless in my case, as I am not able to use it. Even if logged in to the internet I am unable to even search within wikipedia, even less to access other websites. But don't bother further, it is a device for reading and maybe in the future the software will improve...
Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 AM   #56
MatthiasR.
M92 user
MatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of light

Browsing with the M92

Hi all,

let me first shortly introduce myself:
I am a computer science / math student located in Germany. I've been looking for an adequate 9.7 reader for quite a while. After stumbling on this great forum half a year ago, I followed the onyx discussion quite frequently.
Since M90 seemed to be an alpha release I eagerly waited for the M92 and finally got mine yesterday from ereader-store.de. Until now I am very satisfied, given the fact that the core functionality works quite well and that even scribbling works better as expected. Finally I should add, that this is my first ereader.

Now to the topic at hand:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcela K View Post
It is one question, what the manual says and another, what actually happens. At least I am unable to search within homepages, for instance. I can open wikipedia, but cannot enter a searchword. The same for google etc. But well, hopefully in the future the software will be more sophisticated. For reading it is great, however.
The cited manual gives the information that you can use the small icons of the task bar near the battery status:
- the keyboard icon can be used to input text into a text form if this was previously selected. In the case of the wikipedia you notice that the input form is selected by the fact that the greyed "search" disappears. By pressing enter on the virtual keyboard or by selecting the appropriate entry in the appearing drop down list you can then go to the selected page.
- the www-globe icon can be used to enter adresses of web pages.

If clicking those icons does not help I guess that you may need to apply the calibration fix posted here in the forum, since I assume that the click is just not registered anyhow!?
However, clicking these icons works just fine for me with the 1.6.2* firmware and without having applied the calibration fix (yet).

Hope I could help you.

P.s.: Nothing looks more funny than animated advertisement gifs on e-ink
MatthiasR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #57
Lode
Zealot

When I posted that info from the manual I did not have the e-reader yet. (I just received it about 2 hours ago.)
But I would find it too strange if Onyx just said one could browse the Internet with their device without that being so.

In the mean time I'm glad to see the above post explaining how to do it.
Thank you MatthiasR.

Last edited by Lode; 01-26-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #58
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
But I would find it too strange if Onyx just said one could browse the Internet with their device without that being so.

Stranger things have happened ...
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #59
Lode
Zealot

Quote:
Stranger things have happened ...
Yes. But promising Internet browsing and then not making it possible... that's fraud. It's like making a notebook and telling the potential customers you can surf the web with it, and the customers then finding out they can't... that they can only write text on it.

I have more trust than that in the Onyx people... and Booxtor.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #60
MatthiasR.
M92 user
MatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of light

FYI: Just browsed some non fancy html pages (no javascript, no animations etc) of my university and it works like a charm. Even better: By clicking on a link to a pdf it downloads it - you see a little progress bar above the task bar - and stores it in the internal storage in the folder Downloads.
I know that this would be the expected behavior of a normal user. But Beryll Snyder is right at one point: After the many problems with the M90 Onyx has (imho) to regain the trust of the users that they can actually develop an plattform that will naturally satisfy the average user.
Having said this, I'm currently very happy with the overall user experience
MatthiasR. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onyx m92, onyx support, wifi