Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-11-2015, 03:23 AM   #46
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Did either of you that it's stopped working for update it recently? Mine's still working and is version 4.6.0.125. Seems to be from 2014, as the copyright says 2010-2014. Maybe they pushed out an update that broke it on some devices. You can check the version number under Applications in settings, just scroll down to the Kindle for Samsung and tap on it. Version number will be at the top.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:49 AM   #47
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage
My app works fine for reading but when I click on the Samsung Book Deals to access the freebies it briefly starts to load that page then redirects to the Amazon website with a "no results found" search page. I'm on version 4.11.0.127 on a Galaxy Tab S.
luvhilndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2015, 09:30 AM   #48
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Did either of you that it's stopped working for update it recently? Mine's still working and is version 4.6.0.125. Seems to be from 2014, as the copyright says 2010-2014. Maybe they pushed out an update that broke it on some devices. You can check the version number under Applications in settings, just scroll down to the Kindle for Samsung and tap on it. Version number will be at the top.
Mine is version 4.11.0.127 on a Galaxy Note 8. Mine won't even open. And I keep getting a pop up that says 'unfortunately kindle has stopped working'
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:46 AM   #49
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Is anyone having trouble with their Kindle for Samsung App. Mine won't open and I keep getting a pop up that says it has stopped working. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck.
I usually have trouble getting the monthly special books to load up in my Kindle for Samsung app. However, over the weekend my phone updated itself to ... Lollipop? ... and the app is working much better overall. I wasn't able to see the new offers earlier in the month -- and some months I haven't been able to get the specials to update at all -- but it popped up quickly for me today.

That said, I'm running Kindle for Samsung 4.8.2.10 on a Galaxy S4 with Android version 5.0.1. I don't know what I had before (when I had trouble.)
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #50
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
I just updated my Samsung Note 8 to KitKat and now it is working. Don't know if my tablet will get Lollipop. Found this link to be helpful.

http://ebookfriendly.com/kindle-for-...hings-to-know/
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #51
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

I just heard back from Amazon after leaving feedback this morning:

"I'm sorry to know you're unable to access Kindle for Samsung free book offers.

I've researched and see the login page for Kindle for Samsung free book offers isn't responding due to some technical glitches and hence you and other customers are unable to access the Kindle for Samsung free book offers page.

To ensure utmost attention, I see we have already reported this issue to our technical team and they're working to fix this issue. Issues like these are usually resolved within few days and I'm sure this will be resolved very soon. Once this is fixed, you'll be able to access Kindle for Samsung free book offers. Your patience and understanding is much appreciated in this regard. "
Old 05-13-2015, 04:58 PM   #52
luvhilndr
Connoisseur

The Samsung app and Book Deals is working fine for me this afternoon. Hopefully it's working for those who had trouble with it quitting on them.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:21 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Last day for May's freebie (31 May)
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 04:37 AM   #54
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
They're out! Here are the June 2015 Samsung Book Deals / aka Kindle for Samsung freebie selections (in the order in which Amazon presented them). I researched them a bit, to identify series (if any) each belongs to and its genre(s).

Click on Samsung Book Deals to learn how this program works. You may also want to read the earlier, related MR thread: Kindle for Samsung launched in 90 countries

Quote:
Publication Date: July 29, 2014
An erotic thriller that asks the question, How Far Would You go to Stay on Top?

MEET NIA: When this celebrity journalist learns her best friend Vanessa is in danger she rekindles a passionate affair with a dangerous former lover. "I can't resist his lips, his touch, his body. But he's the only one that can help my friend stay alive."

MEET LAILA: From kinky threesomes to seductive sexting this video vixen is determined to steal Vanessa's millionaire husband using every sexy trick in her playbook. "Why should I sleep alone if she can't satisfy her husband's deepest desires?"

MEET VANESSA: Desperate housewife determined to keep her NBA husband and keep her family safe from a violent stalker. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep my man and protect my family fortune."

An ambitious entertainment reporter, millionaire basketball player, desperate wife, scandalous groupie, and murderous stalker. Games Divas Play takes you between the sheets of professional sports where everyone plays to win.

When Nia Bullock lands a job as editor-in-chief of the hot new magazine and web site DivaDish, she finds that her platinum dreams can quickly turn into a nightmare. Battling backstabbing colleagues and reeling from murderous threats, she must turn to an ex-boyfriend for help.
Vanessa King, the first lady of the NBA, is looking for a fresh start with her husband, Marcus, the new star point guard for the New York Gladiators who's as popular with the ladies as he is with hoops fans. Since marrying her college sweetheart, Vanessa has learned to deal with life with a professional athlete--the groupies, the paparazzi, and the unchecked ego of a man the sports world puts on a pedestal.
When Laila James, self-proclaimed "Golden Goddess," sets her sights on Marcus and shops a reality show based on their affair--and then a dangerous stalker threatens his family--Vanessa turns to her best friend Nia to save her marriage and her life.
In the first book in the Diva Mystery series, three women engage in a ruthless battle for love and the limelight, and soon learn what it really takes to stay on top.
Quote:
Wilmington, Delaware is one of those cities that feels more like a small town. Neighbors know one another, and businesses cater to the needs of the citizenry. But what happens when the local car salesman suffers one lost sale too many, when one more customer decides to buy from the competition because the price is too high, interest rates aren't friendly, or that shade of blue just won't work? In J. Gregory Smith's electrifying thriller, Final Price, Shamus Ryan's frustration works like a thorn under his skin until psychotic urges take over and he commits murder—serial murders, in fact—his victims chosen from prospective clients who dared to walk away. With Smith's chilling scenes of massacre, readers are pulled into the vortex of a warped mind, one man justifying heinous acts, and two detectives running a race against time, trying to solve seemingly random killings. Paul Chang, a Chinese-American homicide detective, is struggling to understand why these murders are taking place. Assisted by his neurotic partner, Nelson Rogers, Chang goes after the killer with logic, tenacity, and no small measure of fear.

Written from the perspectives of Detective Chang and Shamus Ryan, readers quickly find themselves seeing the world in unique—and often disturbing—ways they never expected. With dark humor and gritty suspense, Smith has crafted a refreshing and surprising thriller.
Quote:
Publication Date: May 3, 2011
The ordinary life of a grad student was so boring for Ariane. She was desperate for some change, some excitement to shake things up. She had no idea she was only one step away from a whole new world—a world of darkness and decay, of eternal life and eternal death. But once she fell prey to Ricari she would learn more about this world than she ever dreamed possible. More than anyone should dare to know . . . if they value their soul.
Quote:
Publication Date: December 25, 2012
2013 RITA® Finalist for Best Contemporary Single Title Romance

Lee Ann London once had big plans…scholarship, college, love. Then she found herself raising her deceased sister’s twin girls when their father disappeared. Now, with her beautiful girls, a community that depends on her, and her photography studio finally taking off, Lee Ann may not have the life she’d imagined, but it’s definitely where she wants it. Until Cody, her bad-boy ex, returns to Sugar Springs…

Cody’s childhood put a chip on his shoulder the size of Texas. Bouncing around the foster care system, he was always the one to leave before anyone left him first. Then he found a place he wanted to stick. Lee Ann was the best thing that ever happened to him. Only, he hurt her. Bad. He’s back now, and determined to earn her forgiveness…and maybe win back her love while he’s at it.

Last edited by Froide; 06-01-2015 at 04:49 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 01:25 PM   #55
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Wow, this month's selection really sucks (Kindle First's did too). I went with Voice of the Blood as the least objectionable pick.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 06:43 PM   #56
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Not even going to bother.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #57
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
It looks like all romance except one.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 PM   #58
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Just a reminder that this is the last day for the June selections if you haven't already picked one out.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 AM   #59
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
They're out! Here are the July 2015 Samsung Book Deals / aka Kindle for Samsung freebie selections (in the order in which Amazon presented them). I researched them a bit, to identify series (if any) each belongs to and its genre(s).

Click on Samsung Book Deals to learn how this program works. For further details, you may also want to read the earlier, related MR thread: Kindle for Samsung launched in 90 countries.

The Shuddering by Ania Ahlborn

Normally $4.99
Genre(s): fiction - horror, thriller, suspense, paranormal
Description:
Quote:
Ryan Adler and his twin sister, Jane, spent their happiest childhood days at their parents’ mountain Colorado cabin—until divorce tore their family apart. Now, with the house about to be sold, the Adler twins gather with their closest friends for one last snowboarding-filled holiday. While commitment-phobic Ryan gazes longingly at Lauren, wondering if his playboy days are over, Jane’s hopes of reconciling with her old boyfriend evaporate when he brings along his new fiancée. As drama builds among the friends, something lurks in the forest, watching the cabin, growing ever bolder as the snow falls…and hunger rises.

After a blizzard leaves the group stranded, the true test of their love and loyalty begins as the hideous creatures outside close in, one bloody attack at a time. Now Ryan, Jane, and their friends must fight—tooth and nail, bullet and blade—for their lives. Or else surrender to unspeakable deaths in the darkened woods.
The Laws of Gravity by Liz Rosenberg

Normally $3.99
Genre(s): fiction - contemporary, women's fiction ("chick lit"), romance
Description:
Quote:
An exquisite tour de force, The Laws of Gravity is a testament to what it means to be a family, what it takes to save a life, and the lengths we will go to protect the ones we love.

Two families, bound by blood. One decision holds the key to survival.

Nicole, red-haired and beautiful, discovers that her life is in danger. She turns to her cousin and childhood best friend Ari for the cord blood he's been banking for his own children. His decision brings them before the scales of justice. Solomon Richter, a state Supreme Court judge on the brink of mandatory retirement, finds himself embroiled in a legal battle unlike any other. A case that calls into question the very things we live for: family, loyalty, friendship and love.

It's Nicole's last chance, Ari's last stand, and the judge's last case.

A novel of heartbreaking honesty, humor and depth; an unforgettable story of justice and love: The Laws of Gravity heralds award-winning Liz Rosenberg as a new storytelling sensation.
Flee (Codename: Chandler Book 1) by J.A. Konrath & Ann Voss Peterson

Normally $3.99
Genre(s): fiction - action, mystery, thriller, suspense
Description:
Quote:
CODENAME: CHANDLER

She's an elite spy, working for an agency so secret only three people know it exists. Trained by the best of the best, she has honed her body, her instincts, and her intellect to become the perfect weapon.

FLEE

Then her cover is explosively blown, and she becomes a walking bulls-eye, stalked by assassins who want the secrets she holds, and those who'd prefer she die before talking.

Chandler now has twenty-four hours to thwart a kidnapping, stop a murderous psychopath, uncover the mystery of her past, retire five highly-trained contract killers, and save the world from nuclear annihilation, all while dodging 10,000 bullets and a tenacious cop named Jack Daniels.

Buckle up. It's going to be one helluva ride.
Sleeping With Paris (A Paris Romance Book 1) by Juliette Sobanet

Normally $3.99
Genre(s): fiction - contemporary romance, women's fiction ("chick lit")
Description:
Quote:
Date like a man in the City of Light and Love…

Charlotte Summers is a sassy, young French teacher two days away from moving to Paris. Love of her life by her side, for those romantic kisses walking along the Seine? Check. Dream of studying at the prestigious Sorbonne University? Admission granted. But when she discovers her fiancé’s online dating profile and has a little chat with the busty red-head he’s been sleeping with on the side, she gives up on committed relationships and decides to navigate Paris on her own. Flings with no strings in the City of Light—mais oui!

Determined to stop other women from finding themselves in her shoes, Charlotte creates an anonymous blog on how to date like a man in the City of Love—that is, how to jump from bed to bed without ever falling in love. But, with a slew of Parisian men beating down her door, a hot new neighbor who feeds her chocolate in bed, and an appearance by her ex-fiancé, she isn’t so sure she can keep her promise to remain commitment-free. When Charlotte agrees to write an article for a popular women’s magazine about her Parisian dating adventures—or disasters, rather—will she risk losing the one man who’s swept her off her feet and her dream job in one fell swoop?

Last edited by Froide; 07-02-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:44 AM   #60
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
WTH; why are all the picks romance?
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote