Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 02-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
Dragons
Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Calibre Companion has no reader

Would someone please explain why Calibre Companion has no reader? I wonder because it would be an awesome addition to it.

I love Calibre and use it on my computer to read my eBooks all the time. So I got spoiled using it and now when I have to use my tablet to read I have a reader which is different and doesn't do all Calibre's reader does.

Would anyone consider updating or something to make the Companion a reader also. Please...
Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
NSILMike
Guru
NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.NSILMike turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Lenovo Android Tablet
See this thread....

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283930
NSILMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2017, 04:31 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragons View Post
Would anyone consider updating or something to make the Companion a reader also. Please...
Chaley as already stated that this is not going to happen due in no small part to the time required to build and maintain such an addition. Also the fact that there are already a plethora of good ebook reading apps for android means adding a reader to CC just doesn't make sense.

I use Moon+ Reader Pro which boasts that they are currently the #1 paid ebook reader in Google Play and are the best rated (4.7) ebook reader in Google Play. There is also a free version. But there are many other reading apps to choose from as well.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-27-2017 at 05:05 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote