Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 11-06-2022, 08:35 AM   #1
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Python optimize level

I'm trying to use spaCy's transformer model in calibre, it uses the "transformer" package which has a line code uses docstring: https://github.com/huggingface/trans..._base.py#L3646

But calibre's optimize level is 2, which removes docstrings. How can I change this optimize level to a lower level?
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cant, it's hardcoded, IIRC see the code in the bypy project that launches the interpreter.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2022, 08:47 AM   #3
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll try to run the code in another Python interpreter to get around this. Thanks for your quick reply.
Old 11-06-2022, 06:51 PM   #4
xxyzz
Evangelist

Look like it's this line: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/bypy/b...-freeze.h#L795 and this line https://github.com/kovidgoyal/bypy/b..._init__.py#L35

Run code in the system Python adds more complexity than I thought before. Would you consider set the optimize level to 1? Level 2 does the same thing as level 1 except remove docstrings.

Last edited by xxyzz; 11-06-2022 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-06-2022, 08:55 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm afraid not sorry. Increasing the optimization level is a benefit to all calibre code, I am not willing to reduce it for one use case. Python code that relies on docstrings for anything other than documentation/tests is broken and needs to be fixed.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2022, 09:53 PM   #6
xxyzz
Evangelist

Alright, I'll try to run the code in the system Python interpreter. Thanks for your help.