Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-02-2022, 03:02 PM   #1
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Tts engine in python (will be compatible with calibre)

Hello people, I found a voice engine made in python and the voices sound very good.
How should I get the calibre to recognize this engine for read aloud?
I leave the link of the project https://pypi.org/project/gTTS/
Attached Files
File Type: zip demo.mp3.zip (18.1 KB, 151 views)

Last edited by dunhill; 01-02-2022 at 03:38 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 12:14 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
gtts sends your book text to google, this is not something I particularly want in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2022, 09:37 AM   #3
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
uhhh I didn't think it depended on Google, I stayed on what was built in phyton. I understand your point.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 11:59 PM   #4
rrhpablo
rrhpablo began at the beginning.

Device: none
This would actually be a good implementation, with a warning saying that text is being sent to Google
rrhpablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 09:34 PM   #5
xxyzz
Evangelist
xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xxyzz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How about this library: https://github.com/coqui-ai/TTS ?

It has pretrained models and sound files are generated on user's machine.
xxyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert