Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-19-2018, 11:55 AM   #1
dakini
not "it"
dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dakini ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 7th gen
Battery Replacement for Kobo Glo

So my Glo's battery lasts a day to three days. Was traveling from CA to NYC and by the time the plane landed, it was at 30% battery.

Checked local battery replacement store, and they said they couldn't help. I emailed Kobo and got nowhere. They said too bad, they can't help. They said they have only ever done battery replacements in the UK, which didn't seem right.

Any way to know what to order to try to DIY? Not really my wheelhouse of knowledge, but it's either that or buy a new ereader. Problem is, with it being summer, and inland Southern California being about 400 degrees these days, any new electronics really have to be bought at stores, so it wouldn't be a Kobo. Can't have delicate electronics sitting around in the mailbox all day until we get home from work -- learned the hard way they'll be fried after sitting in a hot mailbox all day. Which really means I have Kindle as my only locally-available option.

Thanks for any help.
dakini is offline   Reply With Quote