Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 06:57 AM   #76
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Since in your case you sometimes can have very bad formatting, I would advise to run the update.

The PDF still needs updating... I hopefully will get around it this weekend. I will let you know when the manual is updated.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #77
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Since in your case you sometimes can have very bad formatting, I would advise to run the update.

The PDF still needs updating... I hopefully will get around it this weekend. I will let you know when the manual is updated.
Hello:

Just for clarification, when our friend Tox says, "you sometimes can have very bad formatting," what he meant to say was, "you can sometimes RECEIVE stuff with very bad formatting," not, "your formatting is bad." Just for those who are coming along who don't know me or my company yet.

With regard to the PDF, thanks. If I can help by proofing or whatever, let me know.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #78
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hello:

Just for clarification, when our friend Tox says, "you sometimes can have very bad formatting," what he meant to say was, "you can sometimes RECEIVE stuff with very bad formatting," not, "your formatting is bad." Just for those who are coming along who don't know me or my company yet.

With regard to the PDF, thanks. If I can help by proofing or whatever, let me know.

Hitch
Ah yes, that could be misinterpreted... I indeed meant that you get all sorts of formatting and a lot from the dark side... I have several of those documents and I keep them for testing. I dubbed them 'horrordocs'. Some people are very good in creating them without even knowing it.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #79
Toxaris
Wizard

Small update. The maintain right align could result in too much right aligned paragraphs. That has been corrected.
A new feature is the ability to choose the type of quotation marks to be used in the check dialogue procedure. I implemented all types I had knowledge about, with the exception of asian languages.

Up to date English manual is now available online and as PDF.

Last edited by Toxaris; 12-08-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #80
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Toxaris,

I had the chance to test the latest version of e-Book Tools and I must say it is way faster than preceding versions and above all, most of the small quirks seem to have been removed.

Bravo!
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #81
jation
Enthusiast
jation began at the beginning.

Device: KPW2
One question from me, again.
Why sometimes after add-in successfully convert file in html, creating epub hang on add images (step 3/4)? (Any previous, also new, version do that sometimes)
jation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #82
Toxaris
Wizard

No idea. If have not experienced this myself. If you have a document that does this every time, please let me know. It is hard to find bugs that only pop up every know and then. Personally I never use images in Word but add them later to the ePUB. The quality of images in Word is not that good.
I will look at it, but unless I have a good example it will be hard to find in this particular case. I think I will look into logging as a new feature. Perhaps that can help find these kind of errors.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:16 AM   #83
TDR
TDR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iOS
Thank you for the tools add-in, Toxaris.

I have had trouble with the newer versions, the foremost of which is that my own styles are not retained in the HTML (or epub) even though I check them off in the popup. I am using Windows 8.1 and Word in Office 365 Home Premium. Quotes are no longer converted to entities either, though I'm not sure if that's intentional. There may be other issues that I haven't noticed.

I held back from posting about it because I was sure someone else would quickly notice, but since that apparently hasn't happened I suppose nobody else is running 8.1 + Office 365 and the problem is with that setup, maybe?

Fortunately I kept a copy of an older version and 3.8.0 works as before with no issues.

Thanks again,
Ted
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #84
Toxaris
Wizard

Quotes are indeed no longer converted to their entity value. That is also no issue, since the file is formatted to UTF-8 anyway and quotes are represented there.
The own styles should work as intended. You should get a popup where you can select the styles which names should be retained. It works in my test documents, so if you have a Word document in which it doesn't work, I would love to get a hold on that document and the styles you wanted to retain. I have tested this in Windows 8.1 on Office 2013.
So, if you could sent me that document, I can test it and repair when required.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #85
TDR
TDR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iOS
It seems to have been caused by the underscore in the custom style name, i.e. changing "w2e_first" to "myfirst" worked. Or perhaps the numeral was the problem. Regardless, I can rename all the styles in my template. I sent a link to the document in question, to check for yourself.
TDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #86
Toxaris
Wizard

Thanks for the update. So, it works as long as there is no underscore or numeral. Hmm, strange but I will ensure it works in the next release. I can't think of a reason why it should not work though. Thanks for the test document! That will help for sure.

*Update* Indeed the program is with underscores and spaces. If a style contains one of those, they are removed during the export. Unfortunatly I cannot prevent that. So, if an underscore or space exists in the stylename during the export, the name without the underscore or space will be retained.
This will be in the next update, release date unknown.

Last edited by Toxaris; 12-15-2013 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Added analysis and fix description.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:54 PM   #87
Toxaris
Wizard

Time for another big update. Version 1.5.0 is available with new functionalities and updates. Changelog can be found here.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #88
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
How about adding a "donate" link via paypal? I bet more people than me wouldn't mind giving a euro or two in support of your work
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:05 AM   #89
Toxaris
Wizard

I'll think about it. If I do it, it will probably on the site and not in the tool itself.
Thanks for the compliment!
Old 02-16-2014, 03:13 AM   #90
Toxaris
Wizard

Small bugfix. In some cases the last footnote could disappear.