Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
EvMB1
Enthusiast
EvMB1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Help Please: sorting collections on Kindle 3

I was trying to download a couple of audio books I had purchased some time ago (because it was suggested I restore to factory settings so therefore I had copied all other files over).

They’re stuck on 0% with a message telling me I need wifi. My wifi is on and has been for a couple of days but still they’re on 0%.

What I tried was to deregister and reregister my kindle and to then restart. I have is that I have turned on my Kindle today to find that some, and only some, of my 'collections are doubled up, some empty some containing files. Very difficult to ascertain which to keep and which to delete. There's now 49 pages to go through.

Any suggestions for a quick way to sort through this?

If I was able to sort my collections alphabetically it would be no problem sorting out which ones to keep and which to delete. If someone could tell me how to do that this would be great. I’m that if I sort by title that my collections will be in alphabetical order, but when I do that it lists every file alphabetically – not by collection.
EvMB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Kindlean may help
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Thanks will try it
Old 06-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #4
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Yes! That made it much simpler and quicker. I had to purchase kindlean as it will only allow 100 files on the free version and I have 1426.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #5
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
I know you have already paid for Kindlean, but for the sake of anyone else reading this thread...

Calibre with the Kindle Collections plugin is free. Donations are gratefully received. A very powerful tool to administer your books.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
One tip: if you prefix all your collection names with "_", and then sort your books by title, you'll get all your collections, in alphabetical order, before the book titles.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One tip: if you prefix all your collection names with "_", and then sort your books by title, you'll get all your collections, in alphabetical order, before the book titles.
Nice! Thanks.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #8
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Oooh definitely like the sound of that. Will try it!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:59 AM   #9
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Kindlean may help

Kindlean saved me alot of time when loading all my books onto this kindle and moving them into collections. I'm using the one I bought as a gift because I dropped my original kindle into a bucket of water 2 days ago.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvMB1 View Post
Oooh definitely like the sound of that. Will try it!
The first post in the Kindle Collections plugin thread lists the order different character sort on the kindle. You'll need to digg through the spoiler tags to find the list

Last edited by tilia; 06-21-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added link
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #11
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I sort mine by Author. Then under Author Most recent! That puts series as I Read them in order LOL I dont download my Audibles the titles just hang in Archives file!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #12
EvMB1
Enthusiast

It would save so much time if the kindle would have the option to alphabetically sort collections.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
It does ... called By Title or By Author either way makes them in A-B-C order.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #14
EvMB1
Enthusiast

Yes, but not specifically collections. I would really like to be able to easily sort my collections alphabetically, not just title and author
Old 06-24-2012, 12:58 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried what I suggested in post #6 above?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote