Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #1
flips
flips began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Converting with Calibre Portable - Files are stored on harddrive

Hi.

I am running Calibre Portable off an external hard drive. I recently tried to convert a large number of EPUBs to MOBI format. However I noticed that as Calibre was working my computer's hard drive was rapidly filling up. I'm not particularly computer savvy, so I was unable to find where the files where located. Any assistance you could give me would be most appreciated.

Best.
flips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
I'm not sure where on Windows the temp folder is, but IIRC the temp folder will be cleared if you reboot (and possibly just by re-starting Calibre). I seem to recall some scripts in another thread to clear the folder automatically, but you might need to do some digging with the search function.

Edit, here you go:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=124145
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
The calibre library for the portable version by default is in this directory

..\Calibre Portable\Calibre Library

In your case this will be on your external drive with the calibre portable program itself. This means that every conversion from ePub to mobi will place an additional file in the library. Since you now have a ePub version and a Mobi version the space used by your library will increase.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote