Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 10-07-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
paparazzoreader
paparazzoreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
OutputFormatPlugin and file_type with modified.epub

Hello,

I am trying to write an OutputFormatPlugin that uses EPUBOutput to generate an epub, but it then modifies that epub slightly with some additional content. I have based my approach on the kepub output plugin and successfully developed the desired output. The output extension/format should be an epub.

My current challenge is that I would like to generate an epub but not override the existing epub plugin, allowing the user to choose the existing epub plugin or a "modified epub" plugin, even though the output file would be an epub file with an epub extension (like "Mybook.epub/mobi" converted to "Mybook.modified.epub")

All my code is running, but when developing the PluginWidget, I realized that the gui_configuration_widget method of my plugin does not get called when file_type has a dot in its string (ex: file_type = "modified.epub")

To overcome this, I have attempted to "rename" the file before exiting the convert method, but without success.
Any clue about alternative approaches?
thank you
paparazzoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 09:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You override the builtin plugin and your plugin can add an option which the user can set to turn on its modifications or not.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 01:54 AM   #3
paparazzoreader
paparazzoreader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You override the builtin plugin and your plugin can add an option which the user can set to turn on its modifications or not.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
Yes, that is an option, but it will overwrite an existing epub file, which I wanted to avoid - that's why I followed the kepub's plugin instead of overriding EPubOutout.

Everything works, but gui_configuration_widget doesn't get called (it calls the Epub widget). Any additional clue?
paparazzoreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:44 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
An outputformatplugin will not overwrite the epub it will store the original as original_epub (unless that feature is disabled ofcourse)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote