Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-19-2022, 09:04 PM   #121
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Target

Black Friday Ad Posted
Quote:
Target Black Friday Sale Ad Posted

Posted on 11/18/22

Big news as we have just added the Target Black Friday ad for this year to the site. You can check out the massive 68-page ad scan right here and start making out your shopping list.

As they've done the last few years, Target will have a week-long Black Friday sale. The deals in the ad will be available starting Sunday the 20th and will remain available until Saturday the 26th.

There are several pages in the ad starting on page 48 which are 3-day doorbuster specials available from Thanksgiving Day through Saturday, November 26th only.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2022 at 01:01 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 09:09 PM   #122
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Major Black Friday Sales Start Tonight

Quote:
Major Black Friday Sales Start Tonight!

Posted on 11/19/22

Black Friday sales are starting earlier than ever so we want to make sure you don't miss out on any of the deals. While sales such as JCPenney, Home Depot and Belk are already underway, tonight will bring us some of the biggest sales of the year all starting around the same time.

Online Black Friday sales from Kohl's, Best Buy, Target, Macy's, Ulta Beauty and several smaller stores will all start tonight at midnight in various time zones. This is a little different from last year where sales from the major stores were more separated over a 3-4 day period.

Looking ahead, Monday will see Walmart's Black Friday sale begin along with several others. To view a full schedule of when each sale will start, check out our exclusive Black Friday tracker. Also be sure to sign up for our email alerts as we'll let you know when the biggest sales go live.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-19-2022 at 09:14 PM.
Advert
Old 11-19-2022, 10:11 PM   #123
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Black Friday Tips

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2022 at 01:18 AM.
Old 11-19-2022, 11:58 PM   #124
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I got in on the Pixel 6A trade-in deal this summer, I really have enjoyed it! Fits my hand better than the old Pixel 3A XL, yet no loss in screen size.
I'm still using my Pixel 3. It's been a great phone. I'll be replacing it with whatever Pixel is around when the 3 gives up the ghost.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 01:43 AM   #125
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy

Full Black Friday Sale Now Live -- exp 26 Nov
Quote:
Best Buy Black Friday Sale is Now Online!

Posted on 11/20/22

Best Buy has just put their full Black Friday sale online. After many early access sales, this is our first look at their complete set of deals as they once again did not release a traditional ad scan this year. Note that it wouldn't be unexpected for Best Buy to add a few more deals over the next week.

Find thousands of deals throughout their site on TVs, laptops, tablets, AV gear, smart home, video games, movies, home items, wearables, appliances and much more. Get free shipping on most orders of $35 or more, or choose free in-store or curbside delivery at a local Best Buy store.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2022 at 01:49 AM.
Advert
Old 11-21-2022, 08:47 AM   #126
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Target

Black Friday Sale Now Live -- ad scan -- ad listing -- 20~26 Nov
Quote:
Target Black Friday Sale is Now Online!

Posted on 11/20/22

Target has officially started their Black Friday sale. Target is offering free shipping on orders of $35 or more (RedCard holders as always get free shipping on most items with no minimum). You can also choose free in-store or drive-up pickup on many of the deals in Target's sale.

We'll be posting our deal picks from this sale in the near future so watch for those. You can also view the Target Black Friday ad scan or the full list of deals from their ad. Looking for deal ideas? Check our our dedicated Target deals page on GottaDEAL, our year-round deals site.
Old 11-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #127
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Walmart

BF Week Starts Today -- ad scan -- ad listing -- 21~27 Nov
  • Online: 21 Nov -- Store: 25 Nov (6am local)
Quote:
Walmart Black Friday Sale is Now Online!

Posted on 11/21/22

Walmart has started their highly anticipated Black Friday sale and the deals their final and largest weekly Black Friday sale are live. This sale features deals on video games, electronics & TVs, home & kitchen goods, toys & games, clothing, holiday decor and much more.

You'll get free shipping on most orders over $35 or choose in-store pickup on selected deals. View our exclusive listing of all the Walmart Black Friday deals you can currently purchase. You can also browse the Walmart Black Friday ad scan or their full list of Black Friday deals.
Quote:
Reminder: Walmart's Black Friday Week Sale Starts Today

Posted on 11/21/22

Just a reminder that Walmart's final and largest Black Friday Deals for Days sale starts today online. Walmart+ members will be able to order on Walmart.com starting at noon EST (11am CST, 9am PST). Everyone else can access the sale starting at 7pm EST (6pm CST, 4pm PST).

Check out the ad scan to see what will be on sale. You can also view our handy listing of sale items with links that take you directly to the ordering page on Walmart.com. Based on past years we also expect bonus deals to show up that aren't necessarily included in the sale preview.
Quote:
Walmart Reveals Black Friday Week Deals -- see post 119

Posted on 11/17/22

Walmart has added a new page on their site with the deals that will make up their final weekly Black Friday sale that starts next Monday. This is their actual Black Friday week sale. You can check it out on Walmart.com here or we have screenshots available here on our site.

There are some nice deals on electronics including smartphones and TVs, video games, toys, home items, kitchen gear, clothing & accessories, lawn & garden and much more. These deals will go live for Walmart+ members today (Monday) at noon EST and for non-members at 7pm EST.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2022 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:44 PM   #128
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon

Amazon Announces Cyber Monday Plans -- 26~28 Nov
Quote:
Unwrap More Deals Than Ever Before During Amazon’s Cyber Monday Weekend Event

November 21, 2022

Shop the hottest holiday deals all weekend across top brands like American Girl, Lemme, vVardis, Peloton, and Skullcandy

Discover top deals leading up to Black Friday with deep discounts, including Deal of the Day and other deals launching daily

Customers will find gifts for everyone on their list by shopping handpicked collections from their favorite influencers, and experts, like Remi Bader, Dixie D’Amelio, Storm Reid, and Vinnie Hacker

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon’s season of savings continues during the Cyber Monday weekend event, with deep discounts across top categories from Saturday, November 26, through Monday, November 28. Customers can shop unbelievable deals on popular brands, like Anastasia Beverly Hills, Peloton, Segway, and Bose,while finding even more ways to save with flexible payment options, deals on gift cards, and cashback rewards.

Save All Season Long, Preview Cyber Monday’s Hottest Deals

Create merry moments for everyone on your gift list with some of the seasons best deals on the most popular brands of the year during Amazon’s Cyber Monday weekend event. Customers can check back often for surprise deals dropping every 30 minutes during select periods of the three-day event.

>> see press release for listing of items on sale <<

more...
Quote:
Amazon Announces Plans for Cyber Monday Sale -- 26~28 Nov

Posted on 11/22/22

Amazon has put out a press release detailing plans for their Cyber Monday sale. Some highlights: as it did the last two years, the sale will start the day after Black Friday on Saturday, November 26th and will run through Cyber Monday on November 28th.

Amazon promises new "surprise savings" dropping every half hour during select periods of the sale. The press release contains a long list of deals, many of which are very similar as they have been having & will have later this week for their Black Friday sale.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2022 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-22-2022, 07:18 AM   #129
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
KOBO US save up to $40

Elipsa $40 off
Sage $30 off

And Walmart is similar.

But no love for the Clara 2E.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 08:52 AM   #130
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Arrg! I hate Black Friday and I hate shopping for things online. There are so many offerings and eventually you just turn the computer off.

My current desktop monitor is not bad (23" 1920 x 1080). But it is 10 years old and the viewing angles are not great. When you get to a website where text boxes are differentiated by white vs. slightly off-white I have to move my head to see any contrast. Nowadays monitors have viewing angles > 180° (i.e. you can see them perfectly clearly from behind ).

So, I wanted a 29" ultrawide 2560 x 1080, which gives me exactly the same height physically and pixelally. I like to look over the top of my monitor to see coyotes skulking by and kit foxes playing. 90% of 29" are made by LG. I had finally decided to buy a specific model, went to BestBuy.com and clicked. I was happily surprised to see that the price had been marked down $60 to $170.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-29-i...?skuId=6506319

@tubemonkey I have a Moto E6 and I think it's a piece of junk. It's much inferior to my last E5 (which broke). Of course with model names now I don't know if my E6 has anything to do with your E6.

Optical disk drives and 5-1/4" bays seem to be unpopular. It's hard to get a small PC chassis with one bay. Sure, you can get some washing machine sized beast with five bays. I built a custom enclosure out of aluminum. This was supposed to be just a prototype, but I kept it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rivet9.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	197922  
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 11:10 AM   #131
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Kobo has several e-readers on sale in Canada for various discounts.

As usual, the price is matched at other Canadian Kobo retailers like Chapters-Indigo and Best Buy.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:42 PM   #132
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
But no love for the Clara 2E.
And that's the one I want. I have a feeling I'll be purchasing at full price.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 12:48 PM   #133
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
HBO Max Black Friday offer, available now through November 28: three months with ads for $1.99/month.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 09:11 PM   #134
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sam's Club

Black Friday Ad Posted -- ad scan -- ad listing -- 24~27 Nov
Quote:
Prices Revealed for Sam's Club Black Friday Sale

Posted on 11/21/22

You may remember that about two weeks ago we posted a version of the Sam's Club Black Friday ad which did not have any prices. We had hoped a new version would be released in advance of their sale that included pricing and today is that day. Check out the updated Sam's Club ad here.

Note that if you still see the un-priced version of the ad you may need to refresh your browser or clear your cache. Sam's Club starts their Black Friday sale on Thanksgiving Day (late Wednesday night) online and on Black Friday in their clubs. See our tracker for a full sale schedule.
December Savings Event -- ad scan -- 03~07 Dec
Quote:
Sam's Club December Sale Event Preview Posted

Posted on 11/22/22

Sam's Club will be having another weekend sale event soon. Their December Sale Event will take place from December 3rd through the 7th in store and online. We've just posted a 4-page preview ad from this sale which was included in Sam's Club's recent Instant Savings ad.

We expect the full version of the ad for this sale to show up within the next week or so. Don't forget that Sam's Club will be starting their Black Friday sale tomorrow night at midnight EST. If you want a refresher on what deals they will have, check out their Black Friday ad here.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-22-2022 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-23-2022, 08:00 AM   #135
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
So, I wanted a 29" ultrawide 2560 x 1080...
Since I know that you've all become fixated on my saga, I provide closure.

The main problem in choosing was that it had to mount on a custom mount. LG put the connections in a strange place. There is a connector for HDMI and one for DisplayPort. The DP connector would mostly be occluded by the mount. I thought, "That won't matter, I can just use the HDMI". I connected the new monitor up with HDMI. Windows insists that it's 1920 x 1080. I bought a new DP to DP cable. I modified the end that went into the monitor. I sawed through the metal shell on the connector and stripped it off. I stripped off the molding under that. I removed the metal shell under that. Using a heat gun I softened and removed the molding under that. I softened some more and bent the cable. In the end I didn't have a right angle connector, but at least it was 45° and fit. The monitor looks nice.

BestBuy sent me a code for 3 free months of YouTube premium. I'm not sure what the worth of this is as YouTube gives one month free trial anyway. Hmm, that's a $12/month service, so $24 worth. Worth more to Google if they hook you. The deal is that you're defacto subscribed. They warn you in your last week and you can cancel.

Last edited by Renate; 11-23-2022 at 09:26 AM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote