Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-24-2023, 08:25 PM   #211
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorstLinke1978 View Post
And now I get the error message, what am I doing wrong?
That book is in KFX format. It looks like you used Kindle for PC to download it.

If the book was published prior to this year you can use an older version of Kindle for PC with KFX disabled. See the thread Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre.

If the book was published this year it can only be downloaded if you have a Kindle device registered to your account, at least for now.

Quote:
Which device is recommended?
At this point I think that the third and fourth generation kindles are the best choices. However be aware that Amazon may block that means of downloading files in the future and some used devices may not be usable. There are no guarantees. See the thread Amazon and DRM changes for more details.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:54 AM   #212
HorstLinke1978
HorstLinke1978 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10
So I have to wait for my Kindle, right?
Spoiler:

"calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Book could not be loaded: Book could not be opened: C:\Users\Linke\Calibre Library\Unknown\B0BHTW5MX1 EBOK (4)\B0BHTW5MX1 EBOK - Unknown.or click "View Details" for more information.

Failed to convert the book: C:\Users\Linke\Calibre library\Unknown\B0BHTW5MX1 EBOK (4)\B0BHTW5MX1 EBOK - Unknown.azw with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 435, in get_file_type_metadata.
file "calibre\customize\builtins.py", line 266, in get_metadata
file "calibre\ebooks\metadata\mobi.py", line 503, in get_metadata
File "calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\headers.py", line 293, in __init__.
file "calibre\ebooks\mobi\reader\headers.py", line 321, in identity
calibre.ebooks.mobi.MobiError: Unknown book type: b'\x81\xc4\xde\x02\x9d\x8c#\x01'
DeDRM v10.0.3: Attempt to decrypt B0BHTW5MW1 EBOK - Unknown.azw
Using the library AlfCrypto DLL/DYLIB/SO
DeDRM v10.0.3: Decryption failed with error: The .kfx DRMION file cannot be decrypted by itself. A .kfx zip archive containing a DRM voucher is required.
DeDRM v10.0.3: Search for new default Kindle key after 0.1 seconds
Search for kinfoFiles in C:\Users\Linke\AppData\Local
K4PC 1.25+ kinf2018 file found: C:\Users\Volker Lee\AppData\Local\Amazon\Kindle\storage\.kinf2018
Decrypted key file with IDString '124879999' and UserName 'HorstLinke'.
DeDRM v10.0.3: 1 new key found
Traceback (last call):
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 957, in KindleMobiDecrypt.
File "C:\Users\Volker Lee\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\DeDRM.zip\k4mo bidedrm.py", line 228, in GetDecryptedBook
k4mobidedrm.DrmException: The .kfx-DRMION file cannot be decrypted by itself. A .kfx-zip archive containing a DRM voucher is required.

While handling the above exception, another exception occurred:
Spoiler:

Traceback (last call):
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 991, in KindleMobiDecrypt.
File "C:\Users\Linke\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\De DRM.zip\k4mobidedrm.py", line 228, in GetDecryptedBook
k4mobidedrm.DrmException: The .kfx-DRMION file cannot be decrypted by itself. A .kfx-zip archive containing a DRM voucher is required.
DeDRM v10.0.3: Decryption failed after 0.2 seconds. Read the FAQ in noDRM's repository: https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...master/FAQs.md.
The execution of the file type plugin DeDRM failed with traceback:
Traceback (last call):
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 957, in KindleMobiDecrypt.
File "C:\Users\Volker Lee\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\DeDRM.zip\k4mo bidedrm.py", line 228, in GetDecryptedBook

Spoiler:

Traceback (last call):
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 178, in _run_filetype_plugins.
file "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 1056, in run
file "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 1007, in KindleMobiDecrypt
calibre_plugins.dedrm.DeDRMError: DeDRM v10.0.3: Decryption failed after 0.2 seconds. Read the FAQ in the noDRM repository: https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools...master/FAQs.md
InputFormatPlugin: MOBI input runs
on C:\Users\Volker Lee\Calibre library\Unknown\B0BHTW5MW1 EBOK (4)\B0BHTW5MW1 EBOK - Unknown.azw
The pipe worker could not be executed with the following command: from calibre.srv.render_book import viewer_main; viewer_main()
Traceback (last call):
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\mobi_input. py", line 27, in convert
File "calibre\ebooks\conversionplugins\mobi6.py", line 89, in __init__.
calibre.ebooks.mobi.reader.mobi6.KFXError: This is an Amazon KFX book. It cannot be processed. For more information on handling KFX books, visit https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371.

Spoiler:

Traceback (last call):
File "runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main.
File "runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 83, in <module>
File "site.py", line 78, in main
File "site.py", line 50, in run_entry_point
File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 196, in main
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 821, in viewer_main
File "calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 812, in render_for_viewer
File "calibre\srv\render_book.py", line 789, in render
File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 62, in extract_book
File "calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 242, in __call__.
File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\mobi_input. py", line 33, in convert
file "calibre\ebooks\conversionplugins\mobi6.py", line 89, in __init__
calibre.ebooks.mobi.reader.mobi6.KFXError: This is an Amazon KFX book. It cannot be processed. For more information on handling KFX books, see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283371."

Last edited by theducks; 01-25-2023 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Please SPOILER Logs
HorstLinke1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2023, 08:51 AM   #213
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
No, looks like that book was published before 3 January. You should be able to download it with an older version of Kindle for PC. See the link in jhowell's last post.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 02:12 AM   #214
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Good evening,

I have installed calibre, version 6.11.0 and DeDRM version 10.0.3 and am now trying to import an e-book in order to be able to convert a chapter.

And now I get the error message, what am I doing wrong? I read that I should try to download it via USB using a Kindle. Which device is recommended?
Detailed help with DRM removal isn't allowed at MobileRead. Please ask at the place you got the software.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 04:33 PM   #215
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
That book is in KFX format. It looks like you used Kindle for PC to download it.

If the book was published prior to this year you can use an older version of Kindle for PC with KFX disabled. See the thread Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre.

downloading files in the future and some used devices may not be usable. There are no guarantees. See the thread Amazon and DRM changes for more details.
Kindle for PC won't work anymore unless it's updated. No matter what I did, I would get a notice saying it wasn't supported and I would have to update it if I wanted books.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2023, 04:39 PM   #216
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Kindle for PC won't work anymore unless it's updated. No matter what I did, I would get a notice saying it wasn't supported and I would have to update it if I wanted books.
Kindle for PC 1.17 works for me for books prior to Jan, 3 yesterday at my Windows desktop.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:01 PM   #217
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
That error message for books published after January 3, or only available as KFX. Just tested for myself.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:08 PM   #218
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
That error message for books published after January 3, or only available as KFX. Just tested for myself.
Same here. Still working for me.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm