Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
April Release Date Slip?

Now that April is almost over, when will we hear about the next round of beta's and time frame promise for the v2.0 firmware?!?

Is it that hard to update the hand full of people who actually use the device?

<end of rant>
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
You can get the Beta version of the software.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ight=irex+beta

Never mind I see you have the 1000. Sorry.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #3
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
There's a beta for the DR1000 too. However, I think he's asking about the release version or progress towards that, as iRex announced the release for April and hasn't given any news since though April has now passed.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
Now that April is almost over, when will we hear about the next round of beta's and time frame promise for the v2.0 firmware?!?

Is it that hard to update the hand full of people who actually use the device?

<end of rant>
Personally, I' prefer they release it when it's ready, but that's just me.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
dlovely
Enthusiast
dlovely began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Personally, I' prefer they release it when it's ready, but that's just me.
I would like it when it's ready as well but keep people informed! Ya I'm running the DR1000s beta and yes it's a huge improvement for me considering all I read are .pdf's. My point is to be more open about the progress even if you can't make a release date... Is it that difficult to do?
dlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovely View Post
Is it that difficult to do?
Seems to be. Most companies don't announce firmware dates at all.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:39 AM   #7
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
The irex' shop page still tells us "End of 1st quarter 2010" for ADE support.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Most companies don't announce firmware dates at all.
Only because most companies don't sell what they haven't made yet. IRex has been selling the DR1000 from the start with certain (software) promises that are not yet made true. So, of course they ought to update us when they can't make good on them.

That said, I'm not worried right now. With pretty good beta's out several weeks ago, the release seems imminent.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote