Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 AM   #1
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Does this sdk - ELDK work for iLiad?

I just found an open source SDK called "Embedded Linux Development Kit" for arm family. I am wondering if it works for iLiad. Actually, I don't need another sdk for iLiad, because the current one I am using is ok. Just out of curiosity.
Here is the download link:ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/eldk/4.2/arm-linux-x86/
I will give it a try if I know how to install and use it.

In the readme doc, there is a line:
The version of 4.2 and higher of ELDK has two ARM targets in distribution - one with the soft-float math support, and another one with the Vector Floating Point math support. Both targets comply with ARM Embedded Application Binary Interface (EABI).

Last edited by ericshliao; 03-16-2009 at 02:10 AM.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Interesting!

It would be nice to use a 'standard' toolchain to build Iliad things. It's quite big (the iso is 500MB) and it would take quite some effort to build (and test!) all the irex programs and libs...

We use ELDK for PPC at my work, but I have never installed it myself...
There are tutorials on internet about installing it.
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #3
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I just found an open source SDK called "Embedded Linux Development Kit" for arm family. I am wondering if it works for iLiad.
[...]
Both targets comply with ARM Embedded Application Binary Interface (EABI).
The iliad doesn't support EABI, as it has a 2.4 kernel (EABI requires kernel 2.6.19 or later). That means that the binaries produced by that toolchain will not work in the iliad. Sorry.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Thanx. You saved my time and brain.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote