Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-13-2015, 03:47 PM   #106
RUSsiya90
RUSsiya90 began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook touch 2 lux (626)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
I suppose you're talking about a notes feature.

That would be interesting to implement but I think it's a very time consuming task. I'll consider it. Hopefully it will be easier than I expect.

Please tell me you are planning to implement it create?
RUSsiya90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #107
maslukov
maslukov began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 602
Quote:
v0.0.6-17-17
Many thanks for the new version and for your work! :-)
maslukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2015, 12:40 AM   #108
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSsiya90 View Post
Please tell me you are planning to implement it create?
It's planned but, as I already said, don't expect it too soon.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:30 AM   #109
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
v0.0.6-17-17
Brucelee, thank you very much for the new version. Space expanding and font embolden are great options!

But I don't quite understand the point of the new TOC screen. In my opinion, it is worse than the old screen in all respects. The hierarchy has gone. I miss the page numbers. The TOC does not synchronize with my current reading position but always opens at the beginning. And 8 entries per page is really too few; I'd like to see twice as much.

I hope there is something you can do about this. Otherwise, is it possible to go back to the old TOC screen?
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:20 AM   #110
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

I know it's not good enough yet. I'll revert it in the next version and release it later when it will have all the needed features.
The main problem is that in 1024x758 devices the lines are very small.

Last edited by brucelee; 04-14-2015 at 05:25 AM.
Advert
Old 04-14-2015, 05:46 AM   #111
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Thanks, brucelee, that sounds like the best solution for now.

Yes, the lines in the TOC are very small, but I found it is still doable to tap the right one. Still, it would make sense to make the lines a bit bigger indeed, but in your new version I had only 8 lines in Landscape mode, and 11 in Portrait, and I would like to see a bit more than that. My preference would be to have something like 20 lines in Portrait. A TOC should give you an overview of what is in a book, and therefore should not be spread over too many pages.

Even better: make the size of TOC entries/the number of entries configurable; in that way everyone would be able to set the best value for themselves. But I have no idea if something like that would be doable for you .

And once again: thanks for all the good work you put into CoolReader. It does improve the reading experience!
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 05:58 AM   #112
brucelee
Addict

Yeah, well... As I already said in some older post, the thing is that the TOC is not in the CR source. It's actually a system function which doesn't provide any visual configurations. That's why I have to rewrite it.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 AM   #113
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pocketbook 840-2
Quote:
That's because the first screen update is partial. I don't know how it is for your device but I find it necessary for my 626.
If I keep the book cover as power off logo (and I always do that), the logo is really visible and annoying when powering on the device (I mean it's ghosting. It persists as a gray thing below the text).
I'm sure that for 3xx and at least for some 6xx devices the first screen update is not partial. Do you have "always do full update" option turned on?

Shouldn't we introduce some check upon the device to decide whether or not to perform a double screen update? This "small thing" looks very odd on devices which don't need it, especially if you have "last page on startup" option on :-)
xl743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 08:47 AM   #114
brucelee
Addict

Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to set that only for pro4 and pro5 builds.

Edit:
Fixed in the latest dev builds. [741c6ce]

Last edited by brucelee; 04-14-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #115
xl743
xl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beautyxl743 does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Thanks for reminding me. I forgot to set that only for pro4 and pro5 builds.

Edit:
Fixed in the latest dev builds. [741c6ce]
Thanks, I'll try it.

FYI. I've released another patch:
http://ge.tt/9aK6wTE2/v/0
It's a new option: global font tracking in "Font Configuration" menu.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:40 AM   #116
brucelee
Addict

Thanks. Added in the dev builds.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:18 PM   #117
xl743

http://ge.tt/7D18ZXE2/v/0 (Fixed)

I have dramatically improved font embolding option which I had introduced before. Now it's hinting and pixel grid aware.

Last edited by xl743; 04-15-2015 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:36 AM   #118
brucelee
Addict

v0.0.6-17-18
Quote:
- The packages now have a package.version file containing version/date/build/branch
- Doesn't do a full screen update at startup in 360 and 602 builds
- Reverted to the old TOC (still available if the dev marker exists)
- Added Settings > Font settings > Tracking [xl743]
- Show dictionary when long-tapping a word (need to have the dictionary set as long tap action on that zone) [pkb]
- Fixed CSS inheritance handling [pkb]
- Font embolding fixes [xl743]
Old 04-16-2015, 04:50 AM   #119
soulafein
Enthusiast
soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.soulafein is faster than slow light.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
On Pocketbook 515 mini works flawlessly but maybe a hint how to set polish (or english dictionary) or wikipedia ??
soulafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:34 AM   #120
brucelee
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulafein View Post
On Pocketbook 515 mini works flawlessly but maybe a hint how to set polish (or english dictionary) or wikipedia ??
If you want to add custom dictionaries you have to add .dic files in system/dictionaries/.
As for wikipedia, for the moment it works through the browser app. At some point it'll directly use the wikipedia api.

Here are the dictionaries I use: dropbox
Quote:
eng_eng_main.dic = English explanatory dictionary (main)
eng_eng_nw.dic = English explanatory dictionary (new words)
English_English.dic = Webster's 1913 Dictionary
English_Romanian_Dictionary.dic = English Romanian Dictionary
fr.wiktionary.org-fr.dic = French dictionary

Last edited by brucelee; 04-16-2015 at 05:37 AM.