Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
bwzwriter
bwzwriter
bwzwriter began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
My maiden voyage as a sci-fi novelist

Hey, thanks for coming on in! My first e-book is available at the Smashwords link below. I've been having a lot of fun with the e-book experience, and I'm looking forward to more. Thanks again for stopping in, and let me know what you think!

SYNOPSIS: Bob Downingson has woken up from a six-year-long nap. Captured and cloned by aliens, Bob has been rescued after humans defeated hostile alien invaders. Now, Bob returns to a world ― and a relationship ― that has been altered. And the government and militia personnel have shadowy interests both in him and the prisoner that could either change the world for the better ... or destroy it.

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/279928
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SmashwordsCover.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	427.7 KB
ID:	102576  

Last edited by bwzwriter; 03-10-2013 at 09:34 PM.
bwzwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for the freebie.

Could I suggest that you let people know that it is unsuitable for children, and why, before they go to Smashwords to get the ebook?
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
bwzwriter
bwzwriter

Thanks for the head's-up, AlexBell. OK, my e-book is geared toward adults, although I wouldn't say it's overly graphic in any depictions of violence, and there's some sex that's referred to but not described in any sort of detail. Also, there's not an abundance of profanity. I'd describe it as a PG/PG-13-type book.

Hope that helps. Sorry for my lack of contrition on its appropriateness.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Thank you! It sounds interesting. I probably won't get to it for awhile as I'm currently editing my own book, and you know what that means! But your book will be in my top 5 to read during my next vacation.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
bwzwriter
bwzwriter

Thanks, mbelec, hope you like it, and let me know what you think, good or bad. Yes, the editing process is a delight; be sure to let me know when your book's out.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #6
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Broken link now... Why isn't the book published anymore?
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #7
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
It seems to be at Amazon, now.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:00 PM   #8
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The Smashwords link still works for me. Of course I bought it before the change was made at Smashwords.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, free book promotion, science fiction